Epic - Western Med Review w/Pics from Barcelona 09-16-12 - AMAZING!

LoraJ

ENTERTAINMENT:

Blue Man Group:

I have been wanting to see Blue Man Group in some form since my friend saw then in NYC around 20 years ago. So I was thrilled to see they were on the Epic. I enjoyed the show for the most part, but there were some bits that were too slow and dragged out. If they tightened the show up a bit, it would be so much better.

Legends:

This show was fun and included Rod Stewart, Madonna and Elvis. I felt Madonna's accent was all wrong and took me out of the show a bit. But some older gentleman saved her set for me by fawning all over her and following her up on stage. I actually felt afraid for her at some points, but it was still funny. I really liked the Elvis guy, he did a great job.

Fabba:

This was my favorite event. There is just something about Abba's music that seems to make people happy, dance and sing. This party had a great crowd and everyone seemed to be having fun.

DSC00435_zps841555be.jpg

DSC00434_zpsed7085db.jpg

A little video of the fun -

Beatles:

I only saw about half of their second show of the week because it was chilly. But from what I saw they were a decent cover band. Wish more people got up and danced.

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

White Hot Party:

I only stayed for a little while. Wasn't really into the music, but everyone looked like they were having fun.

DSC00834.jpg

I am watching the cruise DVD that I bought from this trip and am watching all of these other activities that I missed. The Mr. Epic contest looked like a hoot. Will have to check that out next time. I also wish I had attended some of these game shows, but I was usually at dinner I believe.

Up Next... Dining reviews!

Great review and gorgeous pictures. Thanks!

Why does your expensive candy picture (page 1) have things that look like eyeballs? :eek: Is that like the greek ward against the evil eye to discourage candy thieves?

VAT is Value Added Tax and it's an alternative to sales tax that is collected in many countries. Apparently it's possible for residents of countries outside the EU to get a refund of VAT tax for purchases from participating merchants including EPIC stores while in EU waters. A VAT refund is for merchandise (not services) purchased from a single retail location being taken out of the EU totaling more than €90.16 EU (approx $120 US). Bar/restaurant purchases and spa services are ineligible. EpicVat

Yes they did have a lot of odd candy. I was intrigued by the ones that look like fried eggs. It took me a while to finally eat one because I was afraid. But it was good. lol. I did not get any creepy candy though. We did pick up one that was shaped like the Kiss logo.

Archived