Falmouth margaritaville open yet?

BekkaW

• 1 month later...

The rumor is true – there will be a Margaritaville location at the Falmouth Port, unfortunately however, construction will not be completed on the Restaurant until January 2013. We do already have our Retail location in operation, so you will be able to get any souvenir items you may wish to purchase, or if you simply want to stop in to say hello.

We look forward to seeing you in November.

(email I received from their GM)

The rumor is true – there will be a Margaritaville location at the Falmouth Port, unfortunately however, construction will not be completed on the Restaurant until January 2013. We do already have our Retail location in operation, so you will be able to get any souvenir items you may wish to purchase, or if you simply want to stop in to say hello.

We look forward to seeing you in November.

(email I received from their GM)

Ugh, we'll be there the 16th of January, wonder if they'll be open by then???

Opens just in time for our Feb 7th visit - never been to a margaritaville that wasn't just a restaurant this one is supposedly will have a pool, a water slide, a zip line feature and Jacuzzi.

Should be semi entertaining for those not interested in leaving the port area.

We were just there on Oct. 31st and did not see any construction at all, our driver said that they hadn't even started it yet because they weren't sure where it was going to be. So who knows when it will open, there was a small retail store in the port village though.

But if anyone is not sure what to do in Falmouth, contact Patrice Bailey of Patmar Tours, patbailey52@yahoo.com. The past 2 years she has driven us anywhere we want to go, and if your not sure she will think of something for you. We absolutely adore Patrice...great personality and if you have a bigger group she can get a bigger van that will hold 12 people I think.

Opens just in time for our Feb 7th visit - never been to a margaritaville that wasn't just a restaurant this one is supposedly will have a pool, a water slide, a zip line feature and Jacuzzi.

Should be semi entertaining for those not interested in leaving the port area.

I'll be there a week later, 02/14/13. A zip line would be nice, even a small one.

Just received this reply from Erin Davidson about Margaritaville in Falmouth:

I am excited to announce that we will be opening Margaritaville for very early January of 2013!!!

We will have a fabulous pool that you and your family will be able to enjoy!! In addition we will have lots going on to keep you busy!!

I assure you that you and your family will have a wonderful day at our Port in Falmouth. In addition to Margaritaville we also have a Dairy Queen if you need to cool off with some ice cream mid afternoon!

Erin

General Manager

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody back from a cruise that docked at Falmouth have any further updates on the new Margaritaville being built at this port?

Was there last week and didn't search for it, but didn't see anything about it either.

I just received an email from Erin, the general manager of Margaritaville Caribbean. She confirmed that the Falmouth location will open the end of January and that is currently under construction. She also confirmed it is, indeed, the current bull dozing site seen in Gambee's review (see Royal boards). They are working 24 hours a day. She said to exit ship and head right, follow the tallest building... that will be it.

I just received an email from Erin, the general manager of Margaritaville Caribbean. She confirmed that the Falmouth location will open the end of January and that is currently under construction. She also confirmed it is, indeed, the current bull dozing site seen in Gambee's review (see Royal boards). They are working 24 hours a day. She said to exit ship and head right, follow the tallest building... that will be it.

A link to the right spot on Gamee's review with picture would be nice. Went looking for it and this reviews just goes on for too many pages.

• 4 weeks later...
So we have this picture from Nov. 20th. Isn't there somebody who has been there since and has a more recent picture of how the progress is going?

I'll be sure to take one on our cruise but don't leave until feb 2nd come back feb 9th

• 2 months later...

How was the new Margaritaville? Is it walking distance off the ship and right at the pier? We will be there in October 2013. Thank you for any insight!

It opened on the day we arrived in Falmouth in late February.

Yes, it is right there in the cruise complex.

LuLu

~~~~

AGREED!!

Falmouth was our last stop and we never left the secure cruise area. RCI has done a great job there-lots of shops and a couple of bar/dining venues. Right now it's RCI ships only; they have contracted to begin receiving DISNEY ships soon.