How Sweet Is Embassy ......

dealin dave

I would like to know if Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale considered a great pre cruise stay? Received a rate of $ 99.00 a night for 2 days prior to Zuiderdam cruise end of July 2005? My other option would be La Quinta FLL for $ 49.99 a night or Marriott Marina at $ 109.00 with breakfast included. I just read Amerisuite review on trip advisor and reports that cock roaches were found in rooms. If any one has stayed recently at Embassy I would appreciate feed back! My wife and I are traveling with our 2 children ages 6 & 4 so we want a clean place with good location. Thanks !

We are staying at the Embassy Suites in less than 10 days before our June 4th cruise. We stayed here last year too. We liked it. It is very close to the port and they will take you there and pick you up when you get back. They have a wonderful breakfast in the mornings ( cooked to order not just cereal and a muffin, but they have those too.) They cook your eggs, pancakes, gravy biscuits, etc. And in the evenings they have a free cocktails or beer from 5-7. :)

We stayed at Embassy Suites 2 years ago and one of the advantages is that you have a separate bedroom with 2 double beds and pullout sofa in the living room, so if you want to put the kids to bed early in the bedroom then you can stay up to watch TV in the living room.

DD didn't find the sofa bed that comfortable but for one night it's OK.

It's OK.

The rooms smell of perfume trying to cover up cigarette smoke and the lobby is a mob scene with long lines to check in.

It's also near impossible to get anyone to help with your luggage because there simply isnt enough staff available.

Next time, I'll be trying the Marriott...

I would like to know if Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale considered a great pre cruise stay? Received a rate of $ 99.00 a night for 2 days prior to Zuiderdam cruise end of July 2005? My other option would be La Quinta FLL for $ 49.99 a night or Marriott Marina at $ 109.00 with breakfast included. I just read Amerisuite review on trip advisor and reports that cock roaches were found in rooms. If any one has stayed recently at Embassy I would appreciate feed back! My wife and I are traveling with our 2 children ages 6 & 4 so we want a clean place with good location. Thanks !

I can only find one person who mentioned roaches and in Florida they have many bugs so who knows what kind of bug(s) they were. They also hated Del Rio's mexican restaurant. I went there last summer and we loved it. So I'll take the report with a grain of salt.

Bill

The Embassy Suites in FLL is a great place to stay (breakfast is included) . We've never had any problems there with long check in and/or check out lines and they will drop you off at Port Everglades which is just around the corner. There are at least three restaurants within walking distance and a Publix market across the street

JP

It's OK.

The rooms smell of perfume trying to cover up cigarette smoke and the lobby is a mob scene with long lines to check in..

I agree...we were still smoking when we stayed there after Zuiderdam cruise last August and requested smoking room...but I've never been in a room that smelled that bad!!! Plus cigarettes butts on balcony.

Other than that we liked it... Very nice pool and breakfest. Nice lobby. Liked 2 rooms.

For $55 a night that we got from Price line it wasn't bad.:) They also have shuttles from/to airport and port.

we stayed there last summer pre and post cruise and had 2 rooms.

Originally at checkin we got to our room and the carpets and furniture were wet, the room was musty smelling, and there was a fan in there trying to dry the floors. Went to the front desk and changed our room no problem.

After the cruise are carpet in a different rom was also soaked in front of the mini fridge. We put towels there to try to dry it some. Housekeeping just left the towels there and worked around them. Thats the way we stayed for the 3 days we stayed there.

In my inlaws room the toilet overflowed 3 times to the point they were afraid to use it. They finally sent a plumber to fix it on day 2.

Embassy Suites has glass elevators. Someone got sick all over in the elevator. The cleaned the floor of the elevator but not the glass for the duration of our stay.

Close to restaurants, nice free breakfast,nice happy hour, and pool. My inlaws got something from them for a free night next time we stayed there.

We opted for the Renaissance hotel this year.

Bill

We stayed there post cruise and enjyed it. No odors, cleanliness problems, plumbing problems, or long lines. We were lucky enough to get a room facing the port. We could see the Star Princess from our balcony.

Oh..and we did have plumbing problem that was fixed in 30 minutes, but was kind of weird to have this in the hotel (first time for me anyway;) ).

I read on another board about a fairly new Sleep Inn (Dania). Rooms rates are reasonable $71.99 and you get a free continental breakfast (waffles, eggs incl) and they pick you up at the airport and transport you to the port.

Comments were rooms were clean, clean, clean. They did say rooms were small but if you are only staying there one night ...

Also, has a Walgreens and Publix next door or across the street. Sounds like a winner to me!!

Vickie

Archived