Canadian weather ???

Doughboy139

......as I live in Ontario...we are sitting on a beautiful Fall afternoon at 16c/60f...but it feels like 20....I just came in and couldnt believe how nice it is...with a forecast of warmer days for next week.

The leaves are starting to turn yellow....not cold enough they will need at least another two weeks....the Niagara escarpment is maybe 10% of colour changing.

If you have other questions......feel free to ask!

AJ

I sailed to Canada in October. It was chilly - in fact, in Bar Harbour we did a whale watching trip and froze with winter coats, hats and gloves. So bring layering with you. It was warmer when we did Alaska in May than doing the Canada/New England in October.

As far as fall colors, you really don't see anything until the ship is in port - the ship sails as far off the coast as it does when you are in the Caribbean, so you don't see colors while at sea.

It was a wonderful cruise - enjoy.

On PEI we had rain yesterday and a bit of a drizzle today but it is 20 C right now.

We sat out on the deck for awhile.

No fall foliage yet here. Maybe one or two early trees as we had a couple of cool nights but no frost yet.

It has been too warm so we are lovely and green after an incredibly dry summer.

I live in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia..it is chilly in the AM but if the sun comes out then it is really nice.. warm and bright.. I still need the A/C on during the day sometimes at work.. and yes some of the leaves are changing here as well..

It really depends on where you are heading. I am about 3 hours north of Toronto near Algonquin, and we are at the peak of our change.

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/general_park_info/fall-colour-report.php

this map shows the variation across Ontario

http://www.parkreports.com/fall/

You can see how it varies. The south still has a way to go.

It really depends on where you are heading. I am about 3 hours north of Toronto near Algonquin, and we are at the peak of our change.

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/general_park_info/fall-colour-report.php

this map shows the variation across Ontario

http://www.parkreports.com/fall/

You can see how it varies. The south still has a way to go.

Unfortunately, the sea-route to Algonquin cannot yet accommodate cruiseships.

:p

Stephen

Unfortunately, the sea-route to Algonquin cannot yet accommodate cruiseships.

:p

Stephen

well that sure would be handy for me if there was one! just pointing out the variety of colour change in various areas.:p

We're pretty much in the middle of Southern Ontario. After several chilly nights about half the trees are about halfway through turning. We have some beautiful yellows right now, and about half of the maples are partially turned, going purple, red or salmon.

I expect the half of the trees that are currently turning to reach peak maybe by this next weekend. The others will be much slower I think, due to the long, slow drop in temperature we had up to this point.

Here in Halifax it has rained all weekend and is supposed to rain all week.

Weather is mild, just so bloody damp!

Very little color as yet, which I am glad of as I am doing a Canadian cruise next week.

Hoping the colors will be at their best.

......as I live in Ontario...we are sitting on a beautiful Fall afternoon at 16c/60f...but it feels like 20....I just came in and couldnt believe how nice it is...with a forecast of warmer days for next week.

The leaves are starting to turn yellow....not cold enough they will need at least another two weeks....the Niagara escarpment is maybe 10% of colour changing.

If you have other questions......feel free to ask!

AJ

Agreed, trees are just starting to change colour - we'll need a few more weeks in the Southern Ontario area.

AJ, love your autism ship btw;) And nice ship to sail too ... just a few weeks before I go (for the second time!!!!)

Dear Miriam,

Thanks for you comment.....We love the Fall,,,and this year its taking the sweet time...my tomatoes are still growing.

I would like to talk to you about the Epic...sent a message before that got deleted.... Tryng again

aj dot fontana at hot mail dot ca

AJ

Agreed, trees are just starting to change colour - we'll need a few more weeks in the Southern Ontario area.

AJ, love your autism ship btw;) And nice ship to sail too ... just a few weeks before I go (for the second time!!!!)

We just got off on Friday in Quebec. Only one really cold day for us where I wore an extra layer but we just had rain jackets and long sleeve tshirts.

It was freezing the early morning cruising the Saguenay Fjord. The leaves were hit and miss in spots. Quebec was the best out of all the places and may be really great by next week peaking out possibly. The other places had random trees here and there. We stopped in Portland, Halifax, PEI, Gaspe and Quebec City.

The wetness/mist is what made it seem colder when combined with the wind. Prob depends on your age and where you currently live. The older folks on board were really bundled up. The avg age on our cruise was 63 I think they said. I saw hats gloves winter coats sweaters etc...it was in the 50's-60's most of our days til last 2. Then lower to 50 last 2 days.

I live in Canada and you have to realize that it is fall and you need to be prepared for any type of weather brilliant sunshine with warm day time temperatures. It is not unusual to get a few days in the 70s in October and still have some frosty nights. Today I am out in short sleeves yesterday I needed a fall jacket. The trees are just turning and are beautiful. I am sailing out of New York in January and know I need to be prepared for anything. I love the fall with the warm days and cool nights.

I have absolutely no information to give the OP about fall colours in NE or Eastern Canada this time of year... I live in Ontario.

I just find it's unfortunate that someone asks a specific question and too many people come on and tell us what it's like in 'Their Area'. What's happening in ON has absolutely nothing to do with what they will experience!!

To the OP.... I'm guessing the colors will be great - but look for some posts from people in NE and the Maritimes to be sure.

Have a great cruise to our Canada.

Dear Miriam,

Thanks for you comment.....We love the Fall,,,and this year its taking the sweet time...my tomatoes are still growing.

I would like to talk to you about the Epic...sent a message before that got deleted.... Tryng again

aj dot fontana at hot mail dot ca

AJ

Check your email :D

Want to thank all of you that have been reporting on the weather and the fall changing of the leaves in your beautiful Canada. We leave on Friday out of Boston for our two week cruise to Quebec City and return to Boston. Looking forward to a terrific cruise.

Want to thank all of you that have been reporting on the weather and the fall changing of the leaves in your beautiful Canada. We leave on Friday out of Boston for our two week cruise to Quebec City and return to Boston. Looking forward to a terrific cruise.

Thanks from me as well....will also be on this cruise for 2 weeks. So looking forward to this cruise.

Archived