Canadian weather ???

Doughboy139

I had to giggle when I saw the title of this thread...just wanted to point out the obvious, which is that the leaves start turning colour when the temperatures cool down. You may luck into a warm streak, but overall it will be cool.

Enjoy the leaves, I have had beautiful drives through our three local counties over the past week with lots of reds and golden colours this year. Absolutely fantastic!

Doughboy and Terry55,

Wishing you a wonderful cruise and fantastic weather...enjoy Canada and the "specific"areas you are visiting...

I take pride on being Canadian and find it very FORTUNATE that so many Canadians that had "absolutely nothing to do with what you will experience" replied to your post.....including the "guessings"

The whole idea of my reply and IMHO of others that replied was to give you an idea of the "Canadian weather as it is now"

Enjoy our country......it is beautiful in every corner and season!!;)

AJ

Originally Posted by Doughboy139 viewpost.gif

Want to thank all of you that have been reporting on the weather and the fall changing of the leaves in your beautiful Canada. We leave on Friday out of Boston for our two week cruise to Quebec City and return to Boston. Looking forward to a terrific cruise

Umpy

will Sgt. Preston be there

LMAO That is a good one and the first time asked lol..... to much !!

Yes he will be there, fully attired in his Red ( Serge )Tunic along with his trusty side-kick, what's-his-name, forgot lol.

cheers...the Ump...:D ( from the frozen north) brrrrrr.

Well I feel that I have to commend all of the contributors ( the non-Canadians) to this thread for not asking how deep will the snow be and will there be any Eskimos at the dock waiting to take us on an excursion. Bravo !!

You would surprised how many times I've been asked silly questions like that.

Stephen, we hope you two have a great cruise (we know you will lol) wish we had time to go but............ At least we have next year's to look forward to :D

Cheers...the Ump...:D

Ump, nice hometown there!

This is seriously the most deja vu thread for me:D

Back to the OP's question - I think someone hit on our weather pretty well earlier. You can wake up to near freezing temps but by lunch, the temps have raised 20 degrees (Celcius) and it is stunningly beautiful. My advise is to dress in layers!

i live near portland maine...the maples are gorgeous....dressed for fall this am,chamged to summer at 11:30 and then froze the rest of the day as the sun went in and the clouds got dark! bring layers. someone mentioned barry's bay...my family owned camps about 7 mi from the landing for many,many years.....spent some wonderful summers with a few local kids and a small boat. all we needed in those days!:D

Back to the OP's question - I think someone hit on our weather pretty well earlier. You can wake up to near freezing temps but by lunch, the temps have raised 20 degrees (Celcius) and it is stunningly beautiful. My advise is to dress in layers!

Yup, I noticed you seem to have the same nice hometown also lol, small world huh !

cheers...the Ump...:D

You are the first person that mentions Gaspe. Is there anything to do there? We are not taking a $129 ship tour to see a rock so are there things to do in town?

We rented a car thru Budget at the train station. Super EASY driving. The boat tenders and you get off at the train station so no need to get a car from the airport. Walk up the ramp and turn left (it is a big construction site at the moment and we just waited in line in the parking lot and filled out paperwork at the car) They met us back around 3-3:30 (last tender was 3:30 I think) and finalized everything after entering it back into the computer at the office.

I think it ran 65-75 CDN plus filling up.

We followed the main road along the coast to Perce to see Perce Rock--it was WORTH the 45 min drive trust me!!!!

We were there by 11am and took a boat ride that went by the rock and then around Bonaventure Island-- HUGE nesting colony site for Gannets. Got off around 12:30, had lunch, some shopping then drove back the faster route that the Budget guy marked on the map. The boat trip was $20 each adult.

Here are the place we used--

http://www.croisieres-julien-cloutier.com/en/

Small little white "shed" on the left next to a parking lot.

Here is another option with a bigger boat if you are prone to seasickness --it was a VERY rough ride!!!

http://www.infogaspesie.com/ville.php?Vacances=27

Rental car--The guy I spoke to on the phone spoke English when I called with a few questions. Prob just call and book directly over the phone. I booked online but it included mileage fee in addition to booking and he just gave me flat rate when we checked out because it was easier for them.

http://locations.budget.com/pq/gaspe/y58.html

Bonaventure Island info

http://www.quebecmaritime.ca/en/company/bonaventure-island-and-perce-rock-national-park/activities

It didn't seem to have much to do in town. A nice little walkway along the waterfront and some stores. There is also Forillon Park on the other side of the bay. You have to pay an entrance fee to get into the park and requires a car as well.

The rock with a hole in it--is actually pretty amazing to see but the bird colony was just crazy! Lots of seals in the water around it as well. The drive up to the town of Perce is scenic.

I didn't come across anything in my research to do in town.

:DSo it is an Oshawa brag....!!! :)

Lets wish our friends a wonderful time....and make sure they don't forget to layer up and wear their hats!!!! ;)....as we do for dinner!! (forget the polite ways of no hats indoors)

2035598356_Canadiantime.jpg.a4ef6a33b1d69e678904567d7e09b917.jpg

Yup, I noticed you seem to have the same nice hometown also lol, small world huh !

Having grown-up in Whitby, I claim honorary 'shawian status. :)

Stephen

Ump

It was King!!!!

On king,on you huskies

That's it !!!! thanks Maremike.

p.s. i think we just dated ourselves, and only those know can relate to that lol

Having grown-up in Whitby, I claim honorary 'shawian status. :)

Stephen

Stephen you can actually claim better than honorary status....you still come here to visit your sis. .................. and we won't hold that Whitby thing over your head...;)............ welcome to the club, :D

Just wanted to say..I notuiced a few more trees turning this evening driving home from work on PEI so you may get some gorgeous colours but we are getting rain this weekend..20 again today however now have a heavy sweater on..stress the layers!

I'm in Southern Ontario and half the ash trees on our street are already bald, the street and sidewalks coated in golden yellow leaves.

Now, mind you, the ash trees have always been the first of the trees around here to lose their leaves. Other than that we have a very few yellow maples and some 50% turned or less salmon/red maples.

Staghorn sumac is about 50% turned.

Archived