Epic Solo stateroom

SMSACE6

My question is, if I can book one of these, when I cruise solo, do I get that room for the p/p rate? or 150pc? or another special solo rate? I have narrowed my choice to Epic, or Pearl. The rate on Pearl is lower, and I know that I will pay 200pc rate, but I prefer itin of Epic. I will call them tomorrow, but just in case anyone knows, I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks.:)

My question is, if I can book one of these, when I cruise solo, do I get that room for the p/p rate? or 150pc? or another special solo rate? I have narrowed my choice to Epic, or Pearl. The rate on Pearl is lower, and I know that I will pay 200pc rate, but I prefer itin of Epic. I will call them tomorrow, but just in case anyone knows, I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks.:)

The great thing about the studios is that it's just the rate for one person. No "single supplement surcharge".

You can easily price the rate for any particular cruise on NCL.com. They show the single rate for studios. The rooms are small but extremely efficient and perfect for just one person. I've done the studios three times.

Thanks for the quick reply! Sounds good to me. I dont mind small spaces when Im alone!:D Much rather spend the saved dollars on other on board expenses. Thanks again. Im looking at a cruise one year out from now, so hopefully I can still snag one of these.:)

If the rate per person for a studio on the Epic is listed as $999, then you, as a solo traveler, will pay $999. There is no single supplement or double payment for the studios since they are offered as solo accommodations.

If the rate per person on a cabin on the Pearl - which does not have studios or any single person rooms - is $799, you will likely pay that twice or $1598. Sometimes they run specials and the upcharge for a solo traveler is only 50% or some other reduced rate, but generally it's double (less a double payment of taxes and port fees).

The best way to check your total price is to do a test booking on NCL's website. Enter the basic search information and then after you pick your itinerary and cruise date, it will ask you how many travelers. Enter 1 - and it will give you the rate for the solo traveler. Likely, the rate shown for the Pearl will be double that of the per person rate had you entered two passengers. The same will probably be true for for all of the Epic categories....except the T1-Studio rate.

Good luck. Call NCL or a travel agent for more info.

Ok, thanks I will try that now. Im getting very excited already! I was prepared to book Pearl at 200pc rate, but I have been on that route so many times, that is why I preferred Epic itin. If I can get one of these rooms, it is a done deal. NCL was my first cruise in 1999, and got me hooked on cruising, but for several reasons I have not sailed NCL since, and I am so ready to try something new. Thanks.:)

Well, Im so excited now! I booked the Epic, for Nov 2013! Studio! I am just so happy right now. It makes up for the disappointment I have been feeling for having to cancel my CCL Liberty cruise for 13Oct this year! I now have something to look forward to for next year!:) And that is truly something new and great for me!

Here's a link to a great cruise report by DGP1111 (Don) that includes a lot of studio info and pics if you haven't read it yet :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386629

(Link from Epic expert sdmike's links)

Thanks so much for the link, but yes I have just finished reading it:D I was only half way through when I decided WTH, just book it! Im so glad I did. I have so much to look forward to!:)

Archived