Who has info on taxi service from Le Havre?

Us Two

Hi , Have been on differant sites and really have little info on taxi's from Le Havre to Honfluer. We have e-mailed Radio taxi but have not heard back in over a week. Has anyone had experience with taxi service?

We would like to get a small group together to offset the price becuase it is expensive....So how reliable are they and how does return trip work?

The only alternative is the bus which I would also like to hear from experienced travellers. We have this yrs schedule , but gives us an idea for next spring, also know its a 30 min walk to bus........Thanks.

With a few exceptions, the way to get taxis in this part of France is to telephone the taxi company. There are some taxis that will queue at the port and you can also often find them at the train station (although there were none the last time we came back to Le Havre on a train). You are correct that the taxis are expensive and if you want to hire a taxi for a round trip drive over to Honfleur you can expect to pay about 120 Euros (including waiting time). There is another alternative to the infrequent bus which is to simply rent a car and drive yourself.

Hank

Don't make the same mistake that we did - we took a taxi into Le Havre but couldn't find one to get back. Tourist Info called a taxi for us, but it didn't turn up. Luckily it was only a 30 min walk back to the ship. Ok for three of us, but the fourth of our party has difficulty walking so it was a nuisance.

Hi , Have been on differant sites and really have little info on taxi's from Le Havre to Honfluer. We have e-mailed Radio taxi but have not heard back in over a week. Has anyone had experience with taxi service?

We would like to get a small group together to offset the price becuase it is expensive....So how reliable are they and how does return trip work?

The only alternative is the bus which I would also like to hear from experienced travellers. We have this yrs schedule , but gives us an idea for next spring, also know its a 30 min walk to bus........Thanks.

I believe we are talking about the same company - we are lining up taxi tours with them. I've found him very good at emails. are you emailing this address? christophe.dallet@orange.fr He will send you the brochures, etc and pricing. One thing I have noticed in France is that often when they reply it is either receipt required or high priority. This may be because they have spam issues? I'd try emailing them that way too.

Christophe has been great to deal with (for me at least).

hope this helps a bit:)

It's been more than a couple of years but I'll share our experiences in LeHavre. In 2007, we stopped in LeHavre, took a taxi to the bus station and took the bus to Honfleur. We had a wonderful lunch, visited the Eric Satie Museum, wandered some more then took the bus back to LeHavre and a taxi back to the ship. This was one of those cruises where in various ports, we would see the same people getting on the trains or buses with us so we always said - "if they're here, we must be in the right place". With the bus, it's very important to note the return time; a taxi back to LeHavre would be pricey.

In 2010, we stopped in LeHavre again. We made plans ahead of time with another couple on our Roll Call to go to Rouen. Once we were off the ship, we recruited another couple who wanted to go to Rouen and found a taxi to take us there for a negotiated price. I had not really paid attention on our earlier visit but there is a long queue of taxis right by the ship. Our driver stayed with us for the day (his English was not great so the third couple went off on their own, the rest of us had a great time with him).

The bus to Honfleur is very practical but if you can arrange a group, a taxi to take you there and wait for you might be a reasonable option.

Archived