Aegean Airlines - How to get a confirmation Number?

acruisefan

I booked my flights on United from SFO to Istanbul, then Athens to SFO for our upcoming cruise. I am actually flying on United, Luftansa and Aegean Airlines (codeshares). For United, the confirmation no. appeared with my reservation and they sent me the Luftansa confirmation # a few days later. For Aegean, no number, even when I called United. I have tried emailing Aegean, but no answer yet. United suggested that I call them, but the only number is international and limited hours. A pain!

Anyone else run into this problem? How did you handle it?

Easiest and more direct way is to use a low-cost calling way and call them at their landline:

+30 210 6261000 which, according to their site, is available 24/7.

http://en.aegeanair.com/travel-information/reservations-ticketing/reservations-department/

With third party sofware, like Google Voice or any other service like Skype, you can call landlines in Greece / from USA for as low as 2c per minute ( costs depend on location ).

A 10 minutes call will only cost you around 20c - 25c if i am correct.

Even if it's 10c per minute, a 10 minutes call will cost you a dollar, so research about your locally available options and go for that call.

Allow some time between listening and talking, since Internet calls from one side of the globe to the other, still have a lag of about 0.2 - 0.4 seconds.

They have relatively good response time on their calling center. I 'd probably avoid 9am - 5pm local time.

So, from SFO, i 'd call them 7am to 11pm West Coast time, which practically is all day long for you and nighttime here. Not that bad : )

Thanks, Nick for your very helpful information.

I was about to make the call, but checked my email this morning and Aegean Airlines responded to my question with my reservation number and a lot of other information as well. Some info was a little confusing, like telling me that I should be checking with my travel agent since that is how I booked my flight, which is not accurate, I booked it myself. But overall it was a very detailed and helpful message.

I have one more question for you, if you would be so kind...

We have an 8:25a.m. flight on a Monday morning. I would expect that we should get to the airport for check in 2 hours ahead since we will be taking an international flight. We will be staying at The New Hotel, about 2 blocks from the Metro. I was considering taking the Metro vs. a taxi, but maybe it is too close of a time frame to risk the Metro if it is late, or we miss the first one.

What would you recommend?

Great news : )

Check in time really depends. "International" does not mean two hours check in time, by any means.

I explain: Many flights to other European cities are not considered anymore international. According to Schengen Treaty, if you fly to one of the countries included, your flight is considered domestic = no passport control or customs, many years now. Even if your flight is going to USA but through another European airport, your flight may be considered domestic on the first leg and then international, like flying from let's say Greensborough NC to Atlanta GA and then Atlanta GA to London UK.

These are the Scengen Treaty countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

You don't have to drag yourself so early to the airport, except if you fly direct to USA or to some other destinations. Otherwise you can plan being there 90 minutes before. Moreover, check if online check in is offered for your destination and just drop your luggage at the designated desk, skipping any of the morning queues. It's a pretty efficient airport, still why queue if you can skip it? : )

What about minimum check in times?

Depends on destination and airline:

Aegean Airlines minimum check in times here: http://en.aegeanair.com/travel-information/check-in-options/airport-check-in/

Lufthnasa minimum check in times here: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Check-in-Information

Olympic Air here: http://www.olympicair.com/en-gb/travel-information/check-in/647-airport-check-in.cmt

Your hotel has a very good location. It will be a 5 minutes rolling to Syndagma subway station. Not outside your door, but, sincerely it's no more than 5 minutes. Distance is 1,000 feet or 300 meters and i 'd say it's appx. 3 minnytes on a brisk walk or 5 - 6 if you roll. Walk path map link ( click me )

For a 08.25am flight and IF it is a domestic or "domestic" flight, you can plan being at the airport at around 07.00am. For most international flights, like Istanbul, for example, it is more than enough too.

To be at the airport at 07.00am take the Blue line metro passing from Syndagma at 06.03am, that will get you to the airport at 06.44am. Even if you manage to mess this up and take the next train at 06.33am, you 'll be at the airport at 07.14am, which is still ok for most destinations : )

So, bottomline:

a) you don't have to be at the airport two hours before, for most of the destinations, even those you think are international.

b) First metro train at 05.37am is way too early. I'd take the second one at 06.03am or even the next one if i had my boarding passes in hand. On line check-in and / or mobile phone check-in is offered for many destinations.

c) Even if you wanted to depart earlier, with your hotel's location you can always take the X95 airport bus, which runs 24 / 7, is fast so early at the day and costs only 5 euros per person.

Bottomline, you don't have to take a taxi if you don't want to :) Check airline and destination and earn some more sleep minutes if you want :) New Hotel's breakfast starts at 07.00am, according to their site, so do ask them if they can prepare a small box for breakfast, since you 'll probably check out and leave around 05.30am : ) If this is not possible, airport has some nice cafe places, so no problem either : )

d ) Concluding: First metro trains are at:

-05.37am, arriving at airport at 06.18am, you 'll be in front of check in at 06.28am

-06.03am, arriving at airport at 06.44am, you 'll be in front of check in at 06.54am

-06.33am, arriving at airport at 07.14am, you 'll be in front of check in at 07.24am

You need to start from your hotel *at least* 20 minutes earlier than train pass, in order to get to the station, get your ticket and go down to the platform.

+ You can always use an atm and take your airport ticket ( 14 euros for two people ) the day before, just validating them next morning.

There is a wonderful 24 hour bus service direct to the airport from Syntagma Square (bus X95) It leaves every 15 minutes. You can get tickets at a newstand kiosk in the square and we did this at 4 am. You do not have to drag luggage up and down stairs to the metro. The bus has a large area for luggage along with the seats. It takes you right to the main entrance level at the airport.

You can search for this on Trip Advisor and find several posts.

Thank you so much for such detailed information! How very kind of you!

We are flying on Aegean Airlines from Athens to Frankfurt, then a United flight from Frankfurt to SFO. So I would think it is international since it is about a 3 hour flight. I think that I should be able to check in online the day before, at least that is my plan. I am so glad to hear that the metro and the bus are both options for us. I think I will purchase our tickets the day before, whether it is the metro or the airport bus, just to save time and catch a few more zzzs.

Our hotel will prepare a 'to go' breakfast for us, which is nice.

Archived