Internet access for platinum/elite

jpinperth

I know that it shouldn't happen and she was probably logged off on her iPad. She was not idle, but was uploading/downloading e-mail. The same type of activity that causes no problems when she used my PC onboard. The point is that she could not sign-off or sign-on from her iPad and the only way we cleared the situation was using my PC. It doesn't make sense but it worked :confused:

She just leaves WiFi on as I do on my PC and logout from the network.

This was DW's first cruise with an iPad and there were issues we haven't had when connecting to Princess WiFi using our PCs or even our iPhones.

Quick question what IOS was she running?

We were on the Sapphire recently. Per the instruction sheet that I got from Internet Services:

Your iPad/iPhone/iPod will keep disconnecting you until you turn off “Auto login” in your settings:

a.
Tap Settings > WiFi > Tap on (ex: Sapphire-Princess)

b.
Tap on the blue arrow on the right of the network name. Make sure to turn off Auto login and leave Auto join on.

c.
Open Safari. In the address bar enter any address (ex: google.com) and you will be redirected to the Login Page.

d.
Make sure you have “Proxy” turned “Off”.

If you’re still having disconnect problems. Or if you don’t understand the instructions, take your device to Internet Services and let them configure it for you.

We were on the Sapphire recently. Per the instruction sheet that I got from Internet Services:

Your iPad/iPhone/iPod will keep disconnecting you until you turn off “Auto login” in your settings:

a.

b.
Tap on the blue arrow on the right of the network name. Make sure to turn off Auto login and leave Auto join on.

c.
Open Safari. In the address bar enter any address (ex: google.com) and you will be redirected to the Login Page.

d.

If you’re still having disconnect problems. Or if you don’t understand the instructions, take your device to Internet Services and let them configure it for you.

Thanks for the info! Will try on our next cruise, hopefully in January or February.
Quick question what IOS was she running?
Latest version of 6.0 on a "new" iPad.

a.

b.

c.

d.

Thanks for posting this. I knew there had to be more to it. I'm taking my iPad for the first time.:):)

a.

b.

c.

d.

I just cut and pasted this into my cruise prep journal... Very nice!:)

Archived