Just off the phone with Carnival...was told drink program now offered on Liberty

rok233

I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep and he told me the Awesome Bar Program is offered on the Liberty in December for $42.95. I specifically told him I wanted a ship with the bar program, he put me on hold for 5 minutes to check it out and told me the Breeze and Liberty offered this for my dates (December 15th weekend). I asked him again after he gave me the prices and he said yes it is offered.

Can anyone else confirm this? He pushed me pretty hard to book the Liberty on the spot but I told him I'd check with my friend first.

I just got off the phone with a Carnival rep and he told me the Awesome Bar Program is offered on the Liberty in December for $42.95. I specifically told him I wanted a ship with the bar program, he put me on hold for 5 minutes to check it out and told me the Breeze and Liberty offered this for my dates (December 15th weekend). I asked him again after he gave me the prices and he said yes it is offered.

Can anyone else confirm this? He pushed me pretty hard to book the Liberty on the spot but I told him I'd check with my friend first.

That's interesting that they know that the Liberty and the Breeze are the only ones that will offer it in December. That is pretty far away. hmmmmm

That's interesting that they know that the Liberty and the Breeze are the only ones that will offer it in December. That is pretty far away. hmmmmm

As of right now they're the ships offering it out of Florida for my sailing date in mid December. That's what I was told minutes ago by the Carnival rep.

Hey,

I sail on the Liberty in a couple of weeks, leave Florida on October 20th. Do you know if it will be available before December.

Thanks,

I'm not sure. I only heard about it being available on the Breeze out of Florida until the rep told me otherwise. Ext 82472 at Carnival is who I spoke with. Not sure if I can say his name so I'll leave it out.

Update if you find out, please. Would be great if it's on the Liberty. I know some of our group would like to get it since their bar tabs usually run about $700 each.

Wouldn't be worth it for me (though I'm sure I could drink my share) because hubby barely drinks.

As I recall, it was just added to both the Breeze and the Liberty about 2-3 weeks ago. John Heald said it was an expansion of the program and test before adding to more ships. He also said that people on the Breeze really seem to like it.

Looks like they're rolling this program to the fleet slowly, should make it easier to fine tune it.

I just called and the woman I spoke to did not know anything about it other than the ships that are already doing the program.

I didn't think there were any other ships added either but the rep I was speaking to actually said he would put me on hold and check with his supervisor which ships were included. He came back after 5 minutes and told me it was available on the Liberty and Breeze for the December 15th and 16th sailings. I then asked him to confirm it was definitely available on the Liberty and he said yes.

I played it safe and just booked the Breeze even though I'm not a big fan of the ports. Hard to pass up a 6 night cruise on a brand new ship for $349 with the awesome bar program. :D

ohhh Gosh here we go...

Here we go again? I was only passing on information that I received directly through Carnival. Judging by how popular this drink program seems to be I would have thought the members here would want to receive information on new ships being added.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to post these types of comments. This thread was clear in it's topic so why would you even open it if you have nothing positive to contribute? :)

Just read on JH page that this is NOT true. No expansion of drink program yet.

I was doubting it was true myself, that's why I went ahead and booked the Breeze. Carnival should really keep their employees better informed. This guy even went to check with his supervisor and then assured me again it was in fact offered on the Liberty when I boarded. It was even hard to get him off the phone as he was trying to convince me the prices were great and wouldn't last. Pretty bad when the members on this site give out more accurate information than Carnival employees.

Guess I'll just come on CC whenever I have a question. :)

From John's Face book page

John Heald Thanks Dan. the program is currently on Carnival Splendor, carnival Breeze and Carnival Victory and for the crossing the Carnival Spirit. Please ignore the CC boards who I understand have some incorrect information there and I will let you know as soon as I can about wehat ships will receive this next. cheers

I thought that I remembered another ship being added besides the Breeze, Guess it was of the Spirit (for the crossing only) instead of the Liberty.

From John's Face book page

John Heald Thanks Dan. the program is currently on Carnival Splendor, carnival Breeze and Carnival Victory and for the crossing the Carnival Spirit. Please ignore the CC boards who I understand have some incorrect information there and I will let you know as soon as I can about wehat ships will receive this next. cheers

I thought that I remembered another ship being added besides the Breeze, Guess it was of the Spirit (for the crossing only) instead of the Liberty.

He should have said we should ignore the Carnival reps who gave the incorrect information. Came straight from Carnival's mouth to me.

Archived