QM2 - Inside Cabins for 4?

SantaAna,CA

Hi, I am a solo traveler looking at a transatlantic next spring on the QM2. With that huge supplement, I probably can only book an inside. I could find a cheaper fare in January or whatever (and get a nicer category cabin), but I don't really want to do a TA that time of year.

I noticed, on the deck plans, many of the insides have this * meaning they have two upper berths. I have seen pictures of other cruise lines, and the upper berths are rather unsightly, folded against the wall in the inside cabin, but I can't find any pictures of the Queen Mary 2. Does anyone know what the inside cabins with the "upper berths" look like? Are they also folded to the wall?

Thanks!

Hi, I am a solo traveler looking at a transatlantic next spring on the QM2. With that huge supplement, I probably can only book an inside. I could find a cheaper fare in January or whatever (and get a nicer category cabin), but I don't really want to do a TA that time of year. I noticed, on the deck plans, many of the insides have this * meaning they have two upper berths. I have seen pictures of other cruise lines, and the upper berths are rather unsightly, folded against the wall in the inside cabin, but I can't find any pictures of the Queen Mary 2. Does anyone know what the inside cabins with the "upper berths" look like? Are they also folded to the wall?Thanks!
They vanish into the ceiling. You'd never know they were there. There are two upper berths in the ceiling of the cabin in this picture... QM2 INSIDE CABINS

I hope this helps. Bon Voyage! :)

How clever of them...it looks like the bunk slides down. Thanks for the info. Those cabins sure are small...*lol*.....I may rethink!
They are PERFECT for one :) .

Good if there are two of you.

More and... you'll fight over the bathroom! :D .

Go for it!

We've done lots of crossings in an inside cabin and they're surprisingly roomy. Really an inside cabin is just a balcony cabin with the curtains closed! How much time are you going to be spending in there on a crossing anyway?:)

I thought that there were different sizes of inside cabins and that the smaller ones didn't have room for a sofa?

Hi, I am a solo traveler looking at a transatlantic next spring on the QM2. With that huge supplement, I probably can only book an inside. I could find a cheaper fare in January or whatever (and get a nicer category cabin), but I don't really want to do a TA that time of year.

I noticed, on the deck plans, many of the insides have this * meaning they have two upper berths. I have seen pictures of other cruise lines, and the upper berths are rather unsightly, folded against the wall in the inside cabin, but I can't find any pictures of the Queen Mary 2. Does anyone know what the inside cabins with the "upper berths" look like? Are they also folded to the wall?

Thanks!

I am going to be on the QM2 next week as a solo traveler. I picked an oceanview stateroom with a porthole on deck 6.

The handicapped-accessible insides are larger than the normal inside, I think. We had a glimpse into one on our first QM2 voyage and thought it would do very well expect for the bit about no windows.

I wish that they'd build inside cabins with windows as well :)

Inside staterooms are 159 square feet. Balconies are 248 (glass front) or 264 (sheltered), including the balcony area.

http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Accomodation/

We've had inside staterooms, ocean view staterooms, glass fronted balcony staterooms and shelterered balcony staterooms on many crossings. To be honest, a few square feet less and a chair instead of a two-seater sofa can save an awful lot of dollars if you're travelling alone on a crossing. I'll say it again, an inside stateroom is like a balcony stateroom with the curtains closed.

Robin, thanks....you certainly would be able to give advice, having been in so many cabin categories! I booked an inside on deck 12, which gives fairly quick access to the outside pool on that same deck. As someone suggested, I'll leave my TV on the channel that shows the bow camera *lol*....and yes, hundreds of dollars less does make a difference to this solo traveler.

Thanks to you, and all, for your input.

Jane

When 6 of us sailed on the QM2 in May, two of the couples had inside staterooms.

One couple had the regular cookie cutter standard inside and it was MORE than adequate for them, and I would have no hesitation in booking one for myself.

The other couple had a disabled access cabin and it was HUGE! Amazing place... I would love to have something like that if I booked a guarantee! :)

Archived