Duty Free

Are there any duty free shops at the passenger terminal in Sydney when you return from a cruise? What are the prices on the ship? We will not be visiting Vanuatu. Can you still get stuff in a sealed bag from a duty free and take it with you? Is there a TRS office at the passenger terminal?

Are there any duty free shops at the passenger terminal in Sydney when you return from a cruise? What are the prices on the ship? We will not be visiting Vanuatu. Can you still get stuff in a sealed bag from a duty free and take it with you? Is there a TRS office at the passenger terminal?

There are no duty free shops in the passenger terminal. I do not know the prices on the ship. I don't know of anywhere in Sydney you can buy alcohol and other items duty free (except at the international airport), but there might be.

There is a TRS desk in the terminal after you pass through immigration hwere you can claim the GST on items purchased within the previous 30 days. You need to have the item or items with you, an invoice (at least $300) for the item or items. Give them credit card details for a refund to be paid. It is done quickly and easily. Have a good cruise.:)

We just returned from Sth Pac and the price of a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red on board was (I think) $28 for 1 litre, whereas it is $44 in Dan Murphys. They keep it until morning of your last day at sea and then it is delivered to your cabin.

Archived