Food quality - NCL or MSC

travelbugBOP

We're in the process of deciding on a cruise. Can anyone advise who has the better quality food between NCL and MSC? We've cruised a few times and on a 19 day cruise (who shall remain nameless) were very disappointed in the quality of the food. Was a very long 19 days! I'll also post this on the MSC site to see if anyone has a response.

We liked both. However, not having to cook is a vacation for me, and beyond that I'm not very hard to please! I would say they are probably comparable quality-wise, and the difference in dining is more in whether you prefer Freestyle or fixed dining.

We're in the process of deciding on a cruise. Can anyone advise who has the better quality food between NCL and MSC? We've cruised a few times and on a 19 day cruise (who shall remain nameless) were very disappointed in the quality of the food. Was a very long 19 days! I'll also post this on the MSC site to see if anyone has a response.

Hope you enjoy your cruise whichever you choose. You've made me curious...please tell us which line had the inferior food?

(I'll go first if that helps....Been on four lines and Royal Caribbean had by far the worst food. Enjoyed the cruise in other ways (entertainment, pool, etc.) but the MDR food was awful.)

I've been on both MSC and NCL. While the Risotto dishes were always good on the MSC cruise we were on, I was not impressed at all with any other dishes on MSC. On NCL the food is fine but factoring in the specialty restaurants, NCL wins this comparison hands down.

I agree! Any clients who sailed on MSC came back with complaints about the food.

I've been on both MSC and NCL. While the Risotto dishes were always good on the MSC cruise we were on, I was not impressed at all with any other dishes on MSC. On NCL the food is fine but factoring in the specialty restaurants, NCL wins this comparison hands down.

It was the Costa line. We went from Dubai to Savona on the Luminosa and if you shut your eyes you had no idea whether you were eating a piece of cardboard, fish, or meat - and most things on the menu were noted as having been frozen even though we were going into fishing ports most days. We love Italian food and some of the risottos were OK so it wasn't to do with not enjoying a range of cuisine. We cruised on the Oceania a few years back and the food was amazing. Perhaps we've just been spoiled. While we mostly chose a cruise based on the itinerary both NCL and MSC are doing a similar cruise in January so we do have a choice this time. Food is a very important 2nd though - especially when there are a few "at sea" days.

Archived