Has anyone booked and then when price dropped cancelled and rebooked.

I just noticed that in their booking system that not much is left. I looked at Qantas website and one way flight is over $3000 per person, yet when I opted for multi city and hit Syd-BA and LA-Syd then the price was under $2000 per person.

In regards to booking and cancelling the policy for that cruise 180 days before departure full refund so that is pretty close to get your money back if they do play games with prices and it at least gives a chance to find decent flights.

Of course no air fare out for 2014, but for similar trip March/April 2013, Syd - BA and LA - Syd, around $1850 return on Qantas/LAN. (as you said.)

ALSO, thanks to all re advice on price drops, I will just check Princess website every week.

Of course no air fare out for 2014, but for similar trip March/April 2013, Syd - BA and LA - Syd, around $1850 return on Qantas/LAN. (as you said.)

ALSO, thanks to all re advice on price drops, I will just check Princess website every week.

Well I had another look at that itinerary, price and looked up other things and decided to book it and deposit it. I can get a refund up to 180 days before departure if I opt out. The other things to note is that in Argentina they have a reciprocity tax when you arrive by air you must pay around $100 Aus per person but you dont need a visa. You are right about the air fares. I think Golden Princess should be a good ship. I have always liked the Sapphire Princess an almost exact clone and have always wanted to try the Grand class with that spoiler type night club.

The fact that I realised I can do a multi city booking with Qantas as a return to Sydney flying from different destinations was the turning point for me to book. I will book Buenos Aires hotels privately and will probably go for 5 star with airport pickup by hotel for added security.

Well I had another look at that itinerary, price and looked up other things and decided to book it and deposit it. I can get a refund up to 180 days before departure if I opt out. The other things to note is that in Argentina they have a reciprocity tax when you arrive by air you must pay around $100 Aus per person but you dont need a visa. You are right about the air fares. I think Golden Princess should be a good ship. I have always liked the Sapphire Princess an almost exact clone and have always wanted to try the Grand class with that spoiler type night club.

The fact that I realised I can do a multi city booking with Qantas as a return to Sydney flying from different destinations was the turning point for me to book. I will book Buenos Aires hotels privately and will probably go for 5 star with airport pickup by hotel for added security.

Well done Sutho..the Argentine $100 fee is now payable on line, there is a site somewhere for that. Only valid 1 year from payment, so too early yet. But saying that it might all change before March 2014 ! There is also a CC Roll call for the 31 day cruise if you are interested. As for Skywalkers, I have been on Star Princess, the sister ship which also has Skywalkers, moving stairs and all, great area that Skywalkers. As for BA security, I was in BA for a few days in 2002, it was fine then, but like all South American Countries, the locals can fire up at anytime !

Archived