Carnival Fantasy Stateroom R72

Sunshineglow68

There are 5 of us that will be staying in this room, 4 adults (2 adult children) and our 10 year old daughter. Is there going to be enough room for us all? We will only be in there to sleep at night.

Honestly? Wow....I do not think I could do that. One bathroom, 5 people and the 5th person is on a trundle bed which takes up space in the small room. I am sure you will be fine....as you said....you will only be there to sleep. Maybe you can have a schedule for showers getting ready for dinner? :o

Cabin R72 6B 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-2 uppers / trundle bed

View: window

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

Obviously, since they allow five in a cabin, there's "technically" room for five.

I'm stressing because we're adding a third adult female to Leg 2 of my B2B. At least she's young and won't have an issue climbing the ladder into the bunk.

Sure, it will be cosy.

Here's a hint - rather than have 4 adults trying to shower or get ready for dinner at the same time, you can go to the spa and use the showers in the locker rooms. They're larger anyway.

There are 5 of us that will be staying in this room, 4 adults (2 adult children) and our 10 year old daughter. Is there going to be enough room for us all? We will only be in there to sleep at night.

This is an inside but will give you a general idea. Send the adult kids to the gym to shower.

FantasyM88-2.jpg

FantasyM88-1.jpg

This is an inside but will give you a general idea. Send the adult kids to the gym to shower.

FantasyM88-2.jpg

FantasyM88-1.jpg

Another way to configure the lower beds is to have one under the window and the other along the wall opposite the vanity. This should give you more walking around room during the day. The rollaway or trundle will be put away during the day.

When I sleep in the top bunk I use a 6 pocket shoe holder as my nightstand.

Ideas--

Pack lightly. There are only 4 drawers in the vanity and 4 shelves in the closet.

Use over the door shoe holders.

Luggage is stored under the beds.

The ladders can be moved.

Double and triple up on hangars. Pack some clothes on hangars.

Share things, such as hair dryers and electrical plugs when possible.

No idea what the bathroom vanity looks like on the Fantasy. If it's like the Elation and Paradise there are shelves. If it's like the Inspiration there will be one thin ledge.

Thank you all for the helpful hints and photos. My DS's (21 & 23) can sure go to the gym to shower and probably won't even mind. We all get along well and it shouldn't be too much trouble to shower and get ready in the mornings and for dinner.......................as long as I can go first. LOL

Thank you all for the helpful hints and photos. My DS's (21 & 23) can sure go to the gym to shower and probably won't even mind. We all get along well and it shouldn't be too much trouble to shower and get ready in the mornings and for dinner.......................as long as I can go first. LOL

LOL....you'll be fine. :o:o:o

• 6 months later...

I'm dying to know how your cruise went? We are sailing in October, same room!!! And we are also going to have 5 persons in the cabin, but 3 are small children! This is our first cruise and there are 13 family members going. I am so so excited. Where were your destinations? I hope you all had a wonderful time!

The trip was WONDERFUL! All 5 of us in one room wasn't that bad. My husband and I slept on the queen/king bed, my boys (21 & 23) on the pulldowns and my daughter on the rollaway. During the day they came in and put up the pulldowns but didn't put away the rollaway and that was fine. The only problem with all of us in 1 room was the bathroom. Not as big of a deal in the mornings but in the evenings when we were all trying to get ready for dinner. Next time I will get adjoining rooms so we can have 2 bathrooms.

We sailed to Nassau and Freeport. In Nassau my daughter and I swam with the Dolphins at Atlantis and it was wonderful. In Freeport the guys went on a Brewery tour and really enjoyed that. I hadn't planned anything for my daughter and I in Freeport so we just walked around in the shops and were back on the ship within an hour and spent time by the pool which was nice because it wasn't as crowded.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation and I can't wait to hear about it.

The trip was WONDERFUL! All 5 of us in one room wasn't that bad. My husband and I slept on the queen/king bed, my boys (21 & 23) on the pulldowns and my daughter on the rollaway. During the day they came in and put up the pulldowns but didn't put away the rollaway and that was fine. The only problem with all of us in 1 room was the bathroom. Not as big of a deal in the mornings but in the evenings when we were all trying to get ready for dinner. Next time I will get adjoining rooms so we can have 2 bathrooms.

We sailed to Nassau and Freeport. In Nassau my daughter and I swam with the Dolphins at Atlantis and it was wonderful. In Freeport the guys went on a Brewery tour and really enjoyed that. I hadn't planned anything for my daughter and I in Freeport so we just walked around in the shops and were back on the ship within an hour and spent time by the pool which was nice because it wasn't as crowded.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation and I can't wait to hear about it.

I am so thrilled that you had a great time! Everyone keeps saying how we are going to be so cramped but really, how much time is spent in the cabin anyway?!?!?! Our boys are 10 and 7 and our daughter will be 13 so I'm thinking she will be the one hogging the bathroom! My parents will be a few cabins down so I'm thinking I will send a kid or two down to their bathroom when time to get ready. This will be our first cruise so we really have no idea of what to expect so your feed back is greatly appreciated? Did you have a good view out of the cabin window? We are going to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk, Caicos Islands. Did they have family things to do while on the ship such as shows, game rooms, etc? Also my kids were wondering if the pools have a closing time? Thank you again and I'm glad you all had a wonderful time!

I am so thrilled that you had a great time! Everyone keeps saying how we are going to be so cramped but really, how much time is spent in the cabin anyway?!?!?! Our boys are 10 and 7 and our daughter will be 13 so I'm thinking she will be the one hogging the bathroom! My parents will be a few cabins down so I'm thinking I will send a kid or two down to their bathroom when time to get ready. This will be our first cruise so we really have no idea of what to expect so your feed back is greatly appreciated? Did you have a good view out of the cabin window? We are going to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk, Caicos Islands. Did they have family things to do while on the ship such as shows, game rooms, etc? Also my kids were wondering if the pools have a closing time? Thank you again and I'm glad you all had a wonderful time!

I also wanted to ask you how long your trip was and how was the food?? lol

We are going on a 7 day cruise.

The only time we spent in the room was sleeping and getting ready for dinner. I think ya'll will be just fine.

The view from our cabin window was very nice. We even had a window sill that was nice to sit in.

There were lots of family things to do that we did: Bingo, shows, laser tag, karaoke, trivia games and yes there was a game room.

The pool did have a closing time from what I remember reading (10 or 11)but we were never there at night.

We took a 5 day cruise to Nassau and Freeport. I would love to have taken a 7 day cruise. You are going to have so much fun.

We ate in the dining room every night for dinner and the food was really good. Be sure to get the warm chocolate melting cake. Definitely a big hit. I ate one every night but one and my daughter had it every night. For breakfast and lunch we typically ate on the Lido deck at the buffets. They had burgers, chicken, fish, salad bar (lots more) and dessert.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have. Where do you live and where are you sailing out of?

Make sure you check mock bookings for the fun for 2 cabins. We found for our Easter cruise and upcoming cruise in July 2 cabins was actually cheaper that 4 people in 1 cabin..Crazy but was cheaper. Was not there at orig booking date, But few days later it was cheaper both times. We were actually glad to save $$ and get 2 bathrooms.

The only time we spent in the room was sleeping and getting ready for dinner. I think ya'll will be just fine.

The view from our cabin window was very nice. We even had a window sill that was nice to sit in.

There were lots of family things to do that we did: Bingo, shows, laser tag, karaoke, trivia games and yes there was a game room.

The pool did have a closing time from what I remember reading (10 or 11)but we were never there at night.

We took a 5 day cruise to Nassau and Freeport. I would love to have taken a 7 day cruise. You are going to have so much fun.

We ate in the dining room every night for dinner and the food was really good. Be sure to get the warm chocolate melting cake. Definitely a big hit. I ate one every night but one and my daughter had it every night. For breakfast and lunch we typically ate on the Lido deck at the buffets. They had burgers, chicken, fish, salad bar (lots more) and dessert.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have. Where do you live and where are you sailing out of?

We live in Kannapolis, NC a small town right outside of Charlotte, NC. We are sailing out of Charleston, SC. Thank you so much for all the helpful information, I have been sharing with my other family members who are going.

My parents and my sister and her family are going as well. We are all so excited!

Archived