Help Galveston - Parking problem

Mekamax

Galveston is not showing the Disney Magic 4 night Tuesday sailings (there are three) on their Cruise Ship Schedule. No parking is open to book. The Parking lots think I don't know what I'm saying and need to talk to a Travel Agent and I try to explain I am already booked. Disney just days they guarantee parking - well unless they open the lot themselves and the port does not do it - it isn't happening. Who to call to make them aware of the problem? I have Galveston.com/parking checking (supposedly, but I think they think I don't know what I'm talking about) and I'm on the phone to Disney but the rep just tells me that they guarantee parking... :confused:

None of the parking companies are showing the Feb date or the Mar and Apr Tuesday sailing dates. The Feb sailing is selling for $400 a person inside which I think is good for Disney. Even Galveston.com parking isn't showing it. Disney has a port lot (same as CCL Magic) that if all else fails you can use but I'm hoping the parking lots will add these dates to their list. They are selling the Friday sailing funny enough so they will have to open for the Tuesday one as the ones on Friday will be returning. The lady at Galveston.com/parking said she would get her IT guys to check it out... We will see. I found a more official website and it does show the port has the Magic coming in on those Tuesday sailings.... I guess I will give it a week and see if they have changed it at Galveston.com/parking... :confused: :rolleyes:

You really should not be concerned with parking in Galveston. It is the easiest place to park of all the ports I have used. There are numerous private parking lots in the area. They will have people out front encouraging you to park with them. The private lots are much closer than the official port parking and cheaper too. I have used EZ Cruise Parking for many many years. Only rookies actually use the port authority lots. Parking should not be a concern for you.

Snoozeman - Can you park and shuttle to the pier with them or do you have to drop your luggage and passengers off first and then go park??? Thanks!! :D

I am not Snoozeman, but we have parked at EZ Cruise many times. They will shuttle you and your luggage to the port & back to the parking. That is what we do..Never have to get in that traffic mess..

Just checking out this Disney board. Dang now I want to go on a Disney cruise. Are those prices for real? I can't believe..I must be missing something...

Tulsamomof2 - THANK YOU!!! Lighthouse was the one I called first and was so excited to see your post - so glad to be able to use them. I really thought it would take them longer to fix it and they had even said they might not open for it being on a Tuesday - glad they changed their minds. They had probably already booked some for Friday coming in Tuesday and had to open. Bet it is very limited space. Are you on the CruiseCritic Rollcall?

Yes - I started a 3/19/13 roll call yesterday....I didn't see another roll call created for the 3/19 cruise. Are you on the 3/19 cruise?

Tulsamomof2 - THANK YOU!!! Lighthouse was the one I called first and was so excited to see your post - so glad to be able to use them. I really thought it would take them longer to fix it and they had even said they might not open for it being on a Tuesday - glad they changed their minds. They had probably already booked some for Friday coming in Tuesday and had to open. Bet it is very limited space. Are you on the CruiseCritic Rollcall?

tulsamomof2 - no I'm not on that sailing... There are only 2 of us on my sailing so far.... Can't wait to try Disney though - so many of our "friends" say we are nuts because of all the kids but I think they forgot how to be kids... :D;)

You really should not be concerned with parking in Galveston. It is the easiest place to park of all the ports I have used. There are numerous private parking lots in the area. They will have people out front encouraging you to park with them. The private lots are much closer than the official port parking and cheaper too. I have used EZ Cruise Parking for many many years. Only rookies actually use the port authority lots. Parking should not be a concern for you.

Agreed. Parking won't be a big issue in Galveston.

Archived