Great Bay at port

Bandit236

Can you sit at the beach right when you get off the tender at Great Bay? If so, are there restaurants and rest rooms within walking distance. We have someone in our party that is not able to walk a great distance. Thanks for any help!

Can you sit at the beach right when you get off the tender at Great Bay? If so, are there restaurants and rest rooms within walking distance. We have someone in our party that is not able to walk a great distance. Thanks for any help!

Good beach for sitting or sunbathing but I would NOT swim here. It is a well known fact that this water is polluted because of run-off.

Do a search on this link and you will find articles published here by the local guy on these boards......Gary.

Please choose another beach for swimming........

Good beach for sitting or sunbathing but I would NOT swim here. It is a well known fact that this water is polluted because of run-off.

Do a search on this link and you will find articles published here by the local guy on these boards......Gary.

Please choose another beach for swimming........

I agree with GTO-Girl, if they just want a beach to lounge at Great Bay is fine but I dont swim there either. Gary's from the states but visits and keeps up with the island news and we are all really fortunate for all the information that he provides for us on this board.

Are you tendering or are you docking at the main pier and planning on taking the water taxi to the pier in town where Great Bay beach is?

We have been there the last 3 years in November and going again and always swam in Great Bay beach.

Ontario Cruiser

Doesn't mean it's safe. Guess you must know more than the people who live there.......:rolleyes:

I would not swim there and I would not let my children swim there either. But to each his own.......

Definitely would not swim there. As mentioned, there have been many posts about the pollution. I can not understand anyone who would read this information and then take their children into that water.

I like to think that the folks swimming there have read about the pollution issues on this site or others and still decided to swim in Great Bay. Otherwise I get upset and feel terribly guilty seeing people especially children swimming in there.

To me it's a health risk and the cruiselines should print a warning in their daily paper about the pollution issues at Great Bay. We got warned about the pick pockets in Bari Italy and this at least that important to me.

Archived