Bottles of Wine, Water and Soda

Herbaltees

We are flying on Air Tran for our Thanksgiving cruise and can not carry our wine, water, and soda with us on our flight. We are on Air Tran and don't want to pay the checked bag fee.

Is there someplace near the port where we can get these items rather easily? Or should we bite the bullet and buy it all at home?

From the sig line, I can guess it is the Port is Miami and the airport is Fort Lauderdale, since Air Tran doesn't fly into Miami anymore and Destiny is a Miami ship.

You have some decisions to make.

First ditch the water. The water onboard is fine, much better than the tap at home.

Second, a taxi from FLL to POM is $85, and will be more if you tell him to stop somewhere.

Third, a shuttle is about $35 per person, but they won't make a stop just for you.

Fourth, The checked bag fee isn't bad, its $20...how bad you want that wine?

I wish you a great cruise! I love TurkeyDay cruises!!!

How many in your group? :confused: Go Airport Shuttle and Larry's Limos will provide car service (usually a Lincoln) from FLL to POM for about $75+ each way - not bad if you split it 4 ways -- and the driver should happily stop along the way for a bit more or a bigger tip. ;)

I agree with Yogi - the ship water is great! Bring your own reusable battle. Good luck! :)

Archived