Siglo

paulmichael

For all us old time PG cruisers, just got a facebook note from Rhandy of Siglo the band on the PG for the last 15+ years, that their last night is October 6th of this year. Sad, great group and great part of the PG. Good luck guys you will me missed

Mike

You have got to be joking. They will be missed. No Siglo, no Hina, no Raina etc etc......

I talked to him today, I though he was joking, but Sandy from the excursion department told me the same.... what are they, PG, thinking.

I dont know Mike.

I think I have a CD of their music. If I find it do you want me to make you a copy and bring on Tere Moana?

No Hal Fraser too... end of the oldies but goldies.

That would be great. The guys told me it was due to the new management

Sorry sent this out before I was finished.

I dont know Mike.

I think I have a CD of their music. If I find it do you want me to make you a copy and bring on Tere Moana?

No Hal Fraser too... end of the oldies but goldies.

that would be great, thanks. I talked with Rhandy and New Management and the band was not working well. They are off to the Philippines on the 6th I have a friend that lives there and will let me know what happened when he meets up with them next week

Mike

Sad about this.

But, things cannot stay the same and we have to be cognisant of this.

The very fact that so many of the staff stay behind is that they are treating them well.

A couple of years ago there was a lady in Siglo and I heard from the band last year that she left and went to Carnival with her own band.

There is no Siglo but lets hope that the replacement is good. Shall let you know when we are back in January.

I also have a CD of the Gauguinnes singing - do you want a copy of this too?

Miriam

Sad about this.

But, things cannot stay the same and we have to be cognisant of this.

The very fact that so many of the staff stay behind is that they are treating them well.

A couple of years ago there was a lady in Siglo and I heard from the band last year that she left and went to Carnival with her own band.

There is no Siglo but lets hope that the replacement is good. Shall let you know when we are back in January.

I also have a CD of the Gauguinnes singing - do you want a copy of this too?

Miriam

would love it. I agree talking to most of the staff this year, including Anna and the Gauguinnes, they are happy and being treated very well. Sometimes it's its just time for a change. I would be great if a few of the Gauguinnes were on board for the cruise.

Mike

For all us old time PG cruisers, just got a facebook note from Rhandy of Siglo the band on the PG for the last 15+ years, that their last night is October 6th of this year. Sad, great group and great part of the PG. Good luck guys you will me missed

Sad news indeed. I'm really glad we had the opportunity to enjoy their music when we sailed in July/August. I was so impressed by their repertoire, which ranged from classic hits all the way to more modern stuff by Oasis and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's hard to imagine another band stepping into their shoes.

Maybe they are just taking a vacation? When we were on the PG in September it seemed that some of the band members had changed.

Personally, the PG could look for another CD instead of a band since we were not impressed with Verity Brown.

the only new member is the drummer. The Band is on its last 7 day cruise, they are off on the 13th and as of now not comming back.

Siglo is a specific band - family - they have been on the PG for many many years.

We oldtimers love them!

It is true that they were off the PG when one of the band members became ill but then they returned in a couple of years ( or so) with a new band member.

The new band is coming on board this month. Not sure exactly what that means, but, they DO have big shoes to fill.

Dear PG friends,SIGLO band leaves today after 15yrs. of entertaining and sharing great music to one and all.We thank you for giving us all the love and support and we will surely cherish it.We leave today filled with great happy memories and full of hope on our next step.There's too many to thank with but you know who you are….we love you….and long live rock n' roll!

this is Rhandys facebook note. Siglo and all the guys are back in the Philippines and for now are not returning to the PG

Dear PG friends,SIGLO band leaves today after 15yrs. of entertaining and sharing great music to one and all.We thank you for giving us all the love and support and we will surely cherish it.We leave today filled with great happy memories and full of hope on our next step.There's too many to thank with but you know who you are….we love you….and long live rock n' roll!

this is Rhandys facebook note. Siglo and all the guys are back in the Philippines and for now are not returning to the PG

We love SIGLO and they will certainly be greatly missed. I loved reading that they were called a 'veritable jukebox' by a review! The CD we have from 1999 contains the following: In the Mood, Lady Marmalade, I Finally Found Someone, Africa, White Wedding, Kokomo, Yesterday, Dancing Queen, Rock and Roll Medley, and Black Magic Woman. It was delivered to our stateroom and each band member had written a kind message to us next to their photo. Romeo, Jun, Don, Pipo, Randy, and Tet...very memorable (along with Hal Fraser). ;)

We love SIGLO and they will certainly be greatly missed. I loved reading that they were called a 'veritable jukebox' by a review! The CD we have from 1999 contains the following: In the Mood, Lady Marmalade, I Finally Found Someone, Africa, White Wedding, Kokomo, Yesterday, Dancing Queen, Rock and Roll Medley, and Black Magic Woman. It was delivered to our stateroom and each band member had written a kind message to us next to their photo. Romeo, Jun, Don, Pipo, Randy, and Tet...very memorable (along with Hal Fraser). ;)

I just talked Rhandy Carpela and they are going on the Oceania Marina.

Archived