Carnival opens check-in option at Miami airport

LKYGSR

Just reading about the new check in counters at the Miami airport and was wondering if anyone had tried them out yet?? It sounds great!

Can't wait to read all the complaints from those who feel that this will some how conflict with their platinum perks :cool: just like when the FTF was announced!!!

It doesn't get you on the ship any quicker. It just eliminates waiting in line to check in. You still have to wait in the good ol' cattle call!

Carnival opens check-in option at Miami airport

Now you can check in and get S&S card at the airport...

What do you think, timesaver?

Read the full story here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2012/10/03/carnival-miami-airport-check-in/1609945/

Not really..it just means you wait at the check-in counter at the airport instead of the terminal. same line..different location ;)

It's only open from 8am - 2pm on the day of sailing. Flying from LAX, I've only ever arrived once on the day of sailing (FLL - Port Everglades). We had some delays and it stressed me out. I'll never do that again. So I guess I won't be using this, but it could make the lines shorter for me when I do get there. Fingers crossed.

Well leave me look at this, on JH blog it states with this program you get your own line at the port and get right on the ship, if people come before embarkation started what about all the people that are there already, wedding partys, TAs visiting, VIP, FFFF, and then Miami airport check ins. Then the heard, if your there after embarkation started it really don't matter. How many of these people are VIP or FFFF, I think its a ploy to fill up the buses from the AP.

• 3 weeks later...
It's only for day ship is in port, but I imagine you could return to the airport to check in if you are staying at/near the airport... ???

Good point.

Although it is open from 8 AM, I imagine most flyers won't be arriving until later in the day so you should have little or no line early in the morning.

I'm curious. If you check in at the airport, are you issued a boarding zone number at the airport, or do you have to wait until you get to the cruise terminal? And what, if any effect will this have if you've paid for the FTTF? I'm all for it if it gets you on the ship quicker without paying any extra.

From what I understand - you get checked in and get a special pass for when you arrive at the port to go directly to the photo line rather than standing in regular check-in lines. I don't know how it would work with the FTTF. I would love to hear from someone who has done it!

Archived