Equinox cabin dilemma

cruisinlawn

Here's the deal, we have cabin 7227 booked. There has been a price drop. Would you keep this cabin and save $500 or move to a C3 Concierge cabin while still saving $150 vs what we booked for? Any input is appreciated. Enjoy:)

This is for a Caribbean itinerary in the Spring. Thanks! I'v also posted this on the 'cabin' board but wanted to check in with the knowledgeable X folks.

The Concierge Claxs perks are pretty paltry on S-Class ships and are mostly fluff. Few consider it worth paying much more over a regular balcony for them. Unless you need the extra Captain's Club credit save the $350 and stay put.

If it were me, I would keep 7227 because it is a wonderful location, unless you could get a Concierge cabin in as good a location, but I think you could end up somewhere not so wonderful. My deck plans (from a deckplan website) don't show the class of booking, so I can't tell where the concierge cabins are.

You are centrally located, on the hump - great spot. The only better cabin for me would be one on the slant. The doors block any noise from the elevators and lobby and you are right outside Team Earth. Beautiful spot.

Full disclosure though - I've never done the Concierge cabin - reading the perks, they aren't worth money for me. Only you can decide if these amenities are worth $350 to you.

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Fresh flowers

Custom-blended bath amenities

Personalized stationery

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

Special shower head

You also get priority check-in, Express luggage delivery, Personalized Concierge service, Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs, Complimentary shoeshine service, Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

You could think of it this way, with $500 maybe you can buy the perks that matter, and still have a great location. The cabins are the same.

For me the flowers, shoeshine service and maybe express luggage delivery would be nice - but not worth $350. But maybe for you there are a lot of items that would enhance your cruise experience. Also full disclosure, I think I'd be happy in an inside cabin just to be on a cruise - luckily my husband likes the balconies so I haven't had to test that theory. I also buy my own flowers in port and have a collapsible vase to put them in.

Whatever you choose, you will be on a cruise so all shall be well!

Beth

Crusinlawn, on our upcomming Equinox cruise on Nov. 4th we are booked in cabin 7225 which is right next to 7227. We were in cabin 9233 last year on the Eclipse and the locations on the hump and next to the main elevators is great. Very quiet, great views. 7225 has the bed by the bath and the adjoining 7227 has the bed by the balcony. We never heard any noise from the next room and the hallway is very quiet. Personally, we don't need the extra perks. I can buy flowers on shore, order snacks, cheese tray, fruit, etc from room service for no charge and it comes fresh, not made in the morning. The beds are wonderful and I have never had a pillow problem and am spoiled by my king size down pillows at home. The extra money can go to other uses like specialty restaurants, tours, etc.

I think you would really like the room you have been assigned.

Have a wonderful cruise, these are beautiful ships!!

decision made, keeping 7227 and we'll get a $500 drop. Guess we'll use that towards another cruise:)

The bed right next to the balcony is great. Lying in bed when you wake in the mornings with a perfect sea view.....Perfect.

Keep the $500 - We moved from balcony on hump to a C3 when price on C3 dropped lower than the 1A. Did not feel that the perks were much different than 1A. The robes were thicker and fresh fruit was left in cabin every afternoon.

The fresh flowers were in cabin when we sailed but were never changed for the 10 day cruise.

Binoculars were very small and did not work. Pillow Menu - I think you can ask for different pillows from whatever cabin you might book.

$500 savings is much better choice.

Keep the $500 - We moved from balcony on hump to a C3 when price on C3 dropped lower than the 1A. Did not feel that the perks were much different than 1A. The robes were thicker and fresh fruit was left in cabin every afternoon.

The fresh flowers were in cabin when we sailed but were never changed for the 10 day cruise.

$500 savings is much better choice.

That's weak. They definitely changed our flowers with our C1 on the Equinox. They were nothing spectacular, but they were changed.

I do agree that CC is not worth an extra $500. We only spent $100 ($50/pp) more. So we enjoyed the perks. The binoculars were lacking. However, we enjoyed the fruit. The canapes were also lacking.

Archived