Dawn family suite with balcony....how much sun/how hot?

lanceholt

We are considering upgrading to a deck 12 family suite with balcony on our Dawn November 2013 cruise out of Boston to Tampa. From what I understand there is no overhang at all with these balconies, am I correct? I am wondering how we will do and how hot it will be etc....which side of the ship do we need to be on to minimize afternoon sun? Best side of the ship for ports and sail ins and sailaways?

We had one of these suites out of Boston to Bermuda in September. I did not notice that it was particularly hot or too sunny to sit out or that there was any issue. Whichever side you are on you will simply have the opposite experience on the return--and it is not like you are ALWAYS on the deck anyway--it is not difficult to work around. Also, if you are sailing in November I think the concern would be more about it being warm and sunny enough--therefore the lack of the overhang is actually a good thing. My personal preference is NOT to have an overhang--but that's just me.

Incidentally, those suites are absolutely beautiful.

We are considering upgrading to a deck 12 family suite with balcony on our Dawn November 2013 cruise out of Boston to Tampa. From what I understand there is no overhang at all with these balconies, am I correct? I am wondering how we will do and how hot it will be etc....which side of the ship do we need to be on to minimize afternoon sun? Best side of the ship for ports and sail ins and sailaways?

It will depend on the direction the ship is heading and the time of day.

Archived