Early saver price adj for a porthole cabin?

uwhuskyfan

When I pull up my cruise on valor 11/25 it gives a residence-WA rate for an interior cabin of cheaper than my original early saver for my PT-porthole room. There are no portholes currently available on the ship. Will they lower my price to match the interior price? Will I keep my same room# if they do adjust to a lower rate?

When I pull up my cruise on valor 11/25 it gives a residence-WA rate for an interior cabin of cheaper than my original early saver for my PT-porthole room. There are no portholes currently available on the ship. Will they lower my price to match the interior price? Will I keep my same room# if they do adjust to a lower rate?

If I remember correctly, while they are both considered interior cabins, they're different categories. 4A vs. 5A or something along those lines. It can't hurt to call and ask though. Good luck!

If I remember correctly, while they are both considered interior cabins, they're different categories. 4A vs. 5A or something along those lines. It can't hurt to call and ask though. Good luck!

Although it's an inside, it's still it's own catagory. I watched and watched and wondered too. About a month ago, lo and behold, the PT catagory showed up for a short time, got the reduction.

You won't get a price adjustment unless a PT cabin is priced lower. Since the PTs are sold out, no adjustment.

We have a PT booked on B2B cruises and I successfully submitted price drops of $60 for each cruise. But the PTs on one of the cruises are now sold out so I know I won't be getting further discounts. I do check every now and then just in case someone changed cabins and one pops up at a lower price!

You can price match a PT cabin against a 4A, no problem. Also, any category above that. However, you cannot price match it against a 1A. 1As (upper/lower cabins) are considered the lowest on the tier, but 4A is just above a PT category.

So far on my upcoming cruise, I've gotten 3 price reductions as they were matched to 4As. When filling out the Early Saver form, I was sure to note that I was only interested in getting a price reduction and asked that they please not move my cabin. I've heard rumors that some people have been moved in the past, so that will at least warn them that you don't want to be moved.

Last, if the Resident Rate for Washington is lower than your current price and you're a Washington resident, then yes ... you can use that number. Same goes for Military, Past Guest, and 55+ rates.

If you're confused as to which category belongs to which price, go to www dot cruise fish dot net. It has always been 100% accurate for my price drops.

Good luck! :)

I've price matched a PT against a regular Interior guarantee and got the difference before~ and didn't have to move out of the PT~

There was quite a thread about this not too long ago. They got the drop, but by doing so, they got moved into a new pool of guarantees (and were quite irate). If you didn't get moved, you were lucky.

There was quite a thread about this not too long ago. They got the drop, but by doing so, they got moved into a new pool of guarantees (and were quite irate). If you didn't get moved, you were lucky.

I know the rules of ES and was more than willing to be moved~ would not have been irate like the poster you are referring to~! :D

• 7 months later...
You can price match a PT cabin against a 4A, no problem. Also, any category above that. However, you cannot price match it against a 1A. 1As (upper/lower cabins) are considered the lowest on the tier, but 4A is just above a PT category.

So far on my upcoming cruise, I've gotten 3 price reductions as they were matched to 4As. When filling out the Early Saver form, I was sure to note that I was only interested in getting a price reduction and asked that they please not move my cabin. I've heard rumors that some people have been moved in the past, so that will at least warn them that you don't want to be moved.

Last, if the Resident Rate for Washington is lower than your current price and you're a Washington resident, then yes ... you can use that number. Same goes for Military, Past Guest, and 55+ rates.

If you're confused as to which category belongs to which price, go to www dot cruise fish dot net. It has always been 100% accurate for my price drops.

Good luck! :)

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone and am not getting the reduction for ES because they won't match a 4A against a PT. Since the 4 person portholes are sold out on my ship... No reduction

That's strange. Porthole cabins are sold out on my ship as well ... and I just had my price match granted to a 4A. On my last cruise I did this multiple times with no issue. I'd resubmit the Early Saver form.

Are you positive that with the current Fall and Winter sale the 4A is cheaper than your porthole was? Sometimes the terms and conditions and/or OBC credit offers don't match up, making your original booking price less than current offerings.

I book portholes under early saver all the time. and I DO get price drops even if the portholes are sold out. they are the same rate as an interior. I just call and explain that i would like credit for the pricedrop but do not want any upgrades or anything that come with the current sale. I want my room to stay the same. and they do it each and everytime without issue.

I would just fill out the earlysaver form, worse thing is they can say no.

I am in a 4 person PT room and did a price comparison to the other PT rooms that were available,the only other PT room were a 2 person. I sent in the form and only put in the price for passenger 1 and passenger 2 for the price drop and it worked. I saved $80.00!!!

I would just try.....why not!

I have always gotten the ES by comparing to a regular inside, until now. The Fla. rate was cheaper on our Oct. sailing on the Fascination, but when I did a mock booking, I had to add $2.00 pp/pd and that brought the price up to what I paid! Carnival is "Slick" that way! Mikey<><:rolleyes:

Don't call them. You're going to get a different story from every Carnival rep. Just fill out that form, in the comments section state that you DON'T WANT YOUR CABIN CHANGED, ONLY PRICE MATCHED, and send it off. I bet you get it. I've had to send a couple times before having it granted, in the past.

Don't call them. You're going to get a different story from every Carnival rep. Just fill out that form, in the comments section state that you DON'T WANT YOUR CABIN CHANGED, ONLY PRICE MATCHED, and send it off. I bet you get it. I've had to send a couple times before having it granted, in the past.

they changed my cabin, so you need to be prepared that if you want to price match to a higher category they MIGHT move you.

Technically what you are doing is against the rules expecting to price match to a higher category because yours is sold out. You got lucky, but the next person might not. The rules are clear so as you say there is no point in calling. It plainly states that you must price match to YOUR category. There is nothing in the rules saying you can keep your cabin and price match to another category that isnt sold out.

So I got nowhere on the phone, but I had filled out the form prior to calling. Guess what showed up in my inbox? The 80 discounted rate. I guess the form is the way to go.

Archived