Price has dropped, how do we go about getting the new rate?

Ineke

Update - I decided to give it "one more try" and asked my TA to see what HAL could do. To my GREAT surprize, she just called me and said they are will give me $400 (total) OBC!!!

I could have taken an upgrade (do not know to what category or cabin), but I really wanted to try an SC aft wrap, so the OBC was accepted.

Now I have $700 in OBC from this, $100 stock OBC, and $200 for booking onboard last cruise (plus a doulbe up offer was part of that). THANKS HAL!

DaveOKC

Excellent. My TA is supposed to be contacting HAL tomorrow. I hope they'll be in a more generous mood with me too. If not, I tried.

Hi,

Today we rebooked our cruise for the 3rd time. First time it dropped $600pp. Second $300pp and today $500pp. That is a lot of money. My TA just calls and has it rebooked. No problems. Good luck.

Jeffrey

Sent the email on Saturday to my PCC and today my NEW Cruise Documents arrived via email and we now have $500.00 OBC for each of our cruises (Nieuw Amsterdam 25 Nov and Westerdam 2 Dec) thanks to the price drops:)

Joanie is doing a REALLY BIG HAPPY DANCE!!!

Joanie

Thanks for all your input. Our TA did call HAL, and we can have either $50.00 OBC or an upgrade to a VB guarantee. Guess we'll do the VB and see what develops, unless we can get one of those nice VB's at the stern...maybe we'll call our TA again tomorrow? Don't know about our chances, but from reading all the replies here, some folks have received some really great upgrades.

Update - I decided to give it "one more try" and asked my TA to see what HAL could do. To my GREAT surprize, she just called me and said they are will give me $400 (total) OBC!!!

I could have taken an upgrade (do not know to what category or cabin), but I really wanted to try an SC aft wrap, so the OBC was accepted.

Now I have $700 in OBC from this, $100 stock OBC, and $200 for booking onboard last cruise (plus a doulbe up offer was part of that). THANKS HAL!

DaveOKC

Thanks for all your input. Our TA did call HAL, and we can have either $50.00 OBC or an upgrade to a VB guarantee. Guess we'll do the VB and see what develops, unless we can get one of those nice VB's at the stern...maybe we'll call our TA again tomorrow? Don't know about our chances, but from reading all the replies here, some folks have received some really great upgrades.

Great news for both of you!!! Like I always taught my childrend: You never know what will happen unless you ask. Over the years they have learned that more often than not, asking does get you a good/fair resolution. Not always of course, but enough times that I think they understand the importance of being your own advocate. Nothing will change or happen if you sit back and do nothing. Enjoy your cruises!!!!

Archived