Vicking Crown Lounge

It was our first RCCL cruise to Alaska when we discovered the Viking Crown Lounge. Everyone said it you were ever to splurge on a balcony room, it was definately worth it in Alaska sailings. So we got a balcony, but to tell the truth, we used it way less than on our other warm water sailings. We found the Viking Crown to be an exeptional area to view the fish/wild life. You could see both sides of the ship. If someone saw something, they would let others know. It was a great place to read and watch wildlife. Kids were allowed in the morning/afternoon hours and all of the children that were in there were very well behaved and quiet. Some days the bar was open, and others not. But is was a great way to people watch, have quiet time, catch up in a good book, etc. Perhaps if you took an Alaska cruise with another company, a balcony would be the way to go but with RCCL's Vicking Crown, skip the balcony and hang out in a place with great views and quiet time as well.

I also love sitting in the Viking Crown Lounge sailing out of ports and we did just that on the Indy in February. In June we sailed on the Jewel and we tootled up the the Viking Crown on the first sailaway only to find it was for Diamond members only between about 5 and 8 (not sure of the exact times) but anyway the times it wasn't availble to everyone unfortunately included all of the sailaways except one. Very disapointed at that. It didn't spoil our enjoyment of the cruise though, still excellent.

Hi

In a couple of weeks time we are on the Indy with 2 children (our 2nd crusie with Royal Caribbean) but we are Elite with Celebrity so I have been told that we will be Diamond on RC.

Just saw the post about 'over 18 years only' in the Viking Crown Lounge on 'Indy' is this rule for the daytime as well even when there is no bar? Are there any bars that allow children?

Also, another poster said this lounge was used for D and D+ events/cocktails. I thought these were held in the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge. Have I got this all completely wrong? Please could someone put me right.

Thanks a lot

Lyn

Hello Lyn Mc. In August the Viking lounge was for 18 year olds and over. I don't know if it was permanent or just because there were a lot of children on board being the school holidays. We were very disappointed as we have always enjoyed the views from the lounge. Except for the champagne bar which children were not allowed in after a certain time (not sure of the times) all the other bars had no restrictions.

Just a quick question... as I am a first time cruiser, is the Vicking Crouwn Lounge is open to everybody or just for certain people (like the Diamond Lounge)? :confused:

Thanks so much and Happy Sunday :cool:

On Jewel they had the Diamond drinks there, but others could be us there, just not get free drinks. It was at 5 P.M.

Archived