so what happens if THAT happens?

with less than a week out, im turning into a bundle of nerves. What happens if Fascination is very very late coming into port to pick us up? we have transportation to the port, so we are stuck there? that would really suck..

what past experiences have you all had?

also... if you miss most of the first day, do you get any of your money back? (im laughing at myself for asking that question, truly, i am.):cool:

with less than a week out, im turning into a bundle of nerves. What happens if Fascination is very very late coming into port to pick us up? we have transportation to the port, so we are stuck there? that would really suck..

also... if you miss most of the first day, do you get any of your money back? (im laughing at myself for asking that question, truly, i am.):cool:

very, very, late.....

Am sure they would notify you via , email, phone, text, website.

Then you plan accordingly .

I don' think any $$ back, but Maybe, possibly a small OBC.

Happens a bit in Galveston especially in January/February due to fog. Carnival will usually post a credit to your SS card account for $15ish for missing a meal if they are late getting in. If they arrive a day late they have given partial refunds/future discounts.

Good luck!

Does the Fascination sail out of Jacksonville? If yes, it likely won't be late. Once in awhile, as I remember, they have to wait for the tide so that the ship will clear a bridge, either entering or leaving the port.

Do I have the right port?

Cruise ships typically arrive in the 5-7am hours. This so that they can disembark the ship promptly, give the staff time to prep for the next boarding.

They really do have it down to a science.

My first cruise, the ship was late. The Coast Guard shut down the harbor in Galveston because of current and the ship came in about 4 hours late because of that. They had food inside the terminal for folks that wanted to stay there, and gave everyone $15 OBC to offset any monies spent by folks, like ourselves, that went to a bar to drink our lunches.

Do not start worrying about every little thing that could go wrong. Show up at the port, see what happens. Get on the ship, see what happens. Have a great time knowing you aren't at work and are hanging with friends, see what happens. Trust me, nothing that happens that will happen to everyone on the ship, is something you could not prevent. Roll with the punches and have a great cruise.

Once in awhile, as I remember, they have to wait for the tide so that the ship will clear a bridge, either entering or leaving the port.

Do I have the right port?

That would be Tampa and the Skyway Bridge.

Actually I looked it up...it is the Dames Point Bridge in Jacksonville. It doesn't affect the Fascination, but larger ships have to sail according to the tide to clear it.

Seriously, so what if the ship is late? Will worrying ahead of time change the situation? Either get there later, or wait in the terminal like every other cruiser will. You'll forget the wait once you board anyway. Remember, the ship is never late on purpose;)

We too had to board very late at Galveston one time...and received the $15 credit per person...and while it was kind of a bummer sitting and waiting, once we got onboard it was all forgotten and we had a great cruise!!!:)

This happened to us in Galveston- we didn't board til around 8 PM & ship didn't sail til 2 AM. They gave us an OBC of $15. But it ended up being a great cruise.

And what if our car breaks down on the way to the airport? And what if the flight gets delayed because Mother Nature is being foul? And what if our bags don't make it? And what if our cab driver looks at us funny? :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness, you sound like you're going to need a vacation from your vacation with this much anxiety! Take your vacation one day at a time, accept what you cannot change and just have FUN!

I overthink every aspect of my trips and I appreciate that because I like being prepared. However, try not to worry too much. The odds of any of these things happening is very low. If it does happen, call your TA/PVP/whoever you booked with and they'll advise you on what to do. Odds are, you'll show up at the port, board and sail on a fabulous cruise. But only if you let yourself enjoy it :)

and what if our car breaks down on the way to the airport? And what if the flight gets delayed because mother nature is being foul? And what if our bags don't make it? And what if our cab driver looks at us funny? :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness, you sound like you're going to need a vacation from your vacation with this much anxiety! Take your vacation one day at a time, accept what you cannot change and just have fun!

I overthink every aspect of my trips and i appreciate that because i like being prepared. However, try not to worry too much. The odds of any of these things happening is very low. If it does happen, call your ta/pvp/whoever you booked with and they'll advise you on what to do. Odds are, you'll show up at the port, board and sail on a fabulous cruise. But only if you let yourself enjoy it :)

+10000

Actually I looked it up...it is the Dames Point Bridge in Jacksonville. It doesn't affect the Fascination, but larger ships have to sail according to the tide to clear it.

Hahahahaha Tell that to the folks last year that got stuck sitting at an industrial pier so close yet so far from the cruise terminal .. not just once but for several sailings.

It only takes 1 storm to mess up the predicted tides chart.

I've sailed the fascination several times. On several occasions we've left the port late because the tide was too high for the ship to clear the Dames Point bridge.

Us too! One time we were stuck at the Ride and Cruise (private lot where you park your car) for 2 hours because the port authority would not allow anyone to enter the terminal. At least we were in a building. The other half of our group were being dropped off at pier by a family member. They had to stay in their car in the remote parking lot for over 3 hours!!! :eek:

We laughed about it later but it was not a good beginning to our cruise.

And what if our car breaks down on the way?

That's the one I always lose sleep over, since we always drive to the port.....and so far, with 8 cruises under out belt, we've made it to the ship every time! :eek:

No problem clearing the Sunshine Skyway Bridge,,,even at dead high tide. Occasionally they DO get delayed because of high winds however. It seems to me that the "on time" arrivals, and departures are about 95% at the Port of Tampa.

"SKY"

We were once delayed 6 hours because of a suspicious package. It turned out it was something for the magician. We all lined up and waited.....well I went home and waited. I think we might of got 15 bucks. After that nobody remembered. At the time the close to the pier parking was a bar and they were swamped! Even the news crew was there.

But hey at that point you are almost on the ship and not sitting 300 miles away worried about you car or flight.

Just in case a great zoo 10 minutes away ;) go feed the giraffes or stingrays....

Archived