Marina 8000/8001

Tutuma

I wouldn't think so because we have been in 9001 and 10001 on Marina and I don't recall a connecting door. The Deck 8 Vistas may be a bit different because you enter from the side of the hallway rather than directly in front as you do on Decks 9 and 10. (What I'm trying to say is that when we entered 8003 for a party we turned right to enter the suite; on our suites we went in straight ahead.)

I did just check the deck plan and it appears that on Deck 10 the neighboring suites are PH3 whereas on Deck 9 they are A4s. (Bear in mind that my deck plan is an older one and changes may have been made.)

From the plan my memory that the Deck 9 and 10 Vistas back up to each other so it wouldn't be likely that they would connect. I sure never noticed a door in either one them.

I'd be interested in the definitive answer, though. Jim/Stan?

Mura

8003 is on the starboard (right) side, so you actually turn left to enter the suite.

Well that is very interesting because I remember very well turning RIGHT! Also that it was 8003 because we were there twice ... I agree that it's on the "right" side of the ship!

When we're on board next year I'll have to make a visit to Deck 8 forward to check it out for myself ...

Mura

Mura

Mura - It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I've probably confused this thread enough already but I'll give it one more go! Since the suite is forward facing and the entry door is on the starboard wall (bulkhead ?), one would turn left once entering the suite to view the main living area.

Sorry for any confusion..............

Okay, I think I have the answer.

You turn right from the hallway to enter 8003, then immediately turn LEFT to go into the living room.

That's the way I remember it!

Mura

I'm basing my observations on the education that I received at the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, New York; education aside, and I say this with all due respect, if you really imagine that body surfing gives you any insight into the way that a SIXTY SIX THOUSAND TON ship handles in bad weather, then I honestly don't see any point in our continuing this conversation.

You are absolutely correct in your observations, Jim and Stan, we were in 8001 in Marina last May, and at sea in a gale off Dublin. :)I braced myself on the side of the balcony so that i could better observe and take pictures of the large swells (in excess of 30 ft) and nothing came near the foredeck of even close to washing over the bow. The ship was remarkably stable and it made my day to be able to enjoy the ride!:)

Mura - you are quite correct, from the main (public) hallway, you enter the suite on a right hand turn (the door is facing starboard) and then immediately turn left to go straight ahead into the living area. The bedroom, master bath, guest bath, gym are all further starboard of the suite hall). Mirror image on the port side vista suites on deck 8.

I can confirm that Vista Suite 8002 on the Marina has an interconnecting door with 8000 next door. I can also confirm that Vista Suite 8003 on the Riviera has an interconnecting door to 8001. The middle 2 verandas (8000/8001) do not interconnect with each other.

I do not know if the other deck 8 Vistas, I.e. 8003 on Marina and 8002 on Riviera have interconnecting doors - I may be able to find out for you.

The deck 8 vistas are unique as they are the only ones with the verandah cabins in between.

We heard nothing from our neighbours. I don't know if they heard us!!!

Well, this is a dilemma.

Phillygirl63 "stayed in Marina 8000 last August" and doesn't recall a connecting door, presumably in either direction. She also points out that the usual "=" mark indicating a connecting door on the deck plan is absent for both 8000 and 8001, which I had noticed as well.

On the other hand, fairbourne above "can confirm that Vista Suite 8002 on the Marina has a connecting door with 8000 next door."

These posts are obviously contradictory so we still don't have an answer. Can anyone else weigh in on this question? Perhaps even someone who is aboard Marina at this moment and can ask a hotel manager or even an 8th floor room steward?

We kinda need to know before booking this cabin, as connecting doors are a no-no for us regardless of assurances that we'll not hear our neighbors.

Thanks in advance!

The other thing I would mention is the noise from the bathroom in 8001 (don't know if 8000 has this problem. I have just seen another thread regarding the noise in 8001 posted recently, you can search for it? They had terrible problems. While we were in this room a few years ago, we didn't suffer quite as much although it did disturb our sleep continously. I mentioned this noise previously to you.

Re the interconnecting door in 8001 , in hindsight I cannot prove there was no door on our cruise a few years ago, even though we never noticed it, however never heard any noise whatsoever from the vista suite which it would have connected to.

Anyway I would not book this room again, only because of the noise from the bathroom....unless this has been fixed now. Everything else was fantastic.

Oh finally, we never chose 8001 despite loving the movement of the waves etc, we were told by our travel agent that it was the last room available....

Well, this is a dilemma.

Phillygirl63 "stayed in Marina 8000 last August" and doesn't recall a connecting door, presumably in either direction. She also points out that the usual "=" mark indicating a connecting door on the deck plan is absent for both 8000 and 8001, which I had noticed as well.

On the other hand, fairbourne above "can confirm that Vista Suite 8002 on the Marina has a connecting door with 8000 next door."

These posts are obviously contradictory so we still don't have an answer. Can anyone else weigh in on this question? Perhaps even someone who is aboard Marina at this moment and can ask a hotel manager or even an 8th floor room steward?

We kinda need to know before booking this cabin, as connecting doors are a no-no for us regardless of assurances that we'll not hear our neighbors.

Thanks in advance!

You have your answer - quite definitive as I can see one of those interconnecting doors as I type this to you now and I asked our butler to confirm re the other deck 8 Vista.

So to recap, and to avoid any doubts, both deck 8 Vista suites have an interconnecting door to the verandah staterooms adjoining them - the middle pair 8000 and 8001. This is to allow provision of a 2 bedroom suite should that be required. The two middle veranda staterooms do not interconnect with each other.

The interconnecting doors are on the internal living room wall of the Vista so there would be no bathroom noise e.g. Flushing of WC, from the vista suite. For what it's worth we have been in interconnecting staterooms before and I vowed never again, but for some reason these doors seem more "fitted", I don't know what the technical word is! So truly we haven't heard our neighbours, on Riviera and on Marina!