Pre-Book Gauid Towers?

Florida Fan

I'm trying to get tickets on Ticketmaster for hte Gaudi Cathedral in Barcelona. We're visiting the end of Nov. My husband wants tickets for the Cathedral, the audio tour, and a tower. At the Ticketmaster site, however, the 2 options that include a tower don't offer tickets and only read "Session unavailable".

Has anyone ever pre-purchased tickets to the Gaudi Cathedral that include a tower? I don't know whether I should wait to see if the options change, or just get a basic tour and hope the line isn't too long to purchase tickets there to go to the tower.

Lenore

We did the Gaudi tour from the ship's excursion. It took us all over the city to his works. Totally awesome. No tower included but we needed to move along.

I see that on the Lonely Planet description of the basillica that it states it is an extra E2.50 to ride on the lift that takes you up inside of the towers on each side of the church. Maybe you don't need to book ahead for this. Sometimes that are long lines to enter the church and the tours go right in.

I highly recommend that you ask this question on sister website tripadvisor's excellent Barcelona forum. I believe I read there a couple of months ago that you cannot pre-book the tower tickets, just the general admission and audio tours.

The advantage of that website is that it is frequented more often than this site by those who live in or often visit Barcelona.

Hi, I just checked out the cathedral's own website (which has an English language option), and you could book admission only, or with audio guide as well, or with real guide as well, or with towers also, all the combinations you could imagine. You simply need to pick the hour of the day in which you need to arrive. Very user friendly. (We are going next week.)

The towers are purchased seperately....when we went on Aug 31st there was an 1-1/2 hour wait so we opted against it. It certainly will depend on when you go. We were told mid afternoon 2:00 - 3:00 was a better time. The Sagrada has a stunning interior...ENJOY! :D

Archived