2013 Europe Program Announced

TerryAndDoug

Hello Jade13 -

I'm passing on your post to our reservations management for their review of your reservation history and will advise them that your travel agent will be contacting them on Monday. Unfortunately, I'm unable to speculate on the decision criteria that played in protecting TerryandDoug with the $1,000 level that was incorrectly placed on the website.

I'm sorry about this misunderstand and ask for your patience while your booking history has been reviewed by reservation management and shared with your travel agent.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Bill,

Thank you. My agent is actually on vacation this week, but I will have someone else at the agency call on Monday. It won't be the person who was on the calls last week, but I assume it was noted in our reservation that our agent did contact reservations to add the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air promo early in the week and they only added the $500.00 per person promo.

Bill,

My agency contacted ACC today as you suggested to see what could be done about honoring the $1000.00 per person Choice Air credit that was incorrectly shown on your website. The issue is being referred to your marketing department for review, and we were told it could take about one week.

I actually do have the name of the person at ACC who had confirmed the promotion verbally, but I had to have my agent call to have it applied which was when they were told it was a mistake.

We are hopeful for a positive resolution.

Hello Jade13 -

I'm passing on your post to our reservations management for their review of your reservation history and will advise them that your travel agent will be contacting them on Monday. Unfortunately, I'm unable to speculate on the decision criteria that played in protecting TerryandDoug with the $1,000 level that was incorrectly placed on the website.

I'm sorry about this misunderstand and ask for your patience while your booking history has been reviewed by reservation management and shared with your travel agent.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, Azamara will not honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit (only $500.00 per person) that was posted on their website for OV and higher staterooms for our 2013 cruise. We spoke to someone originally who confirmed the credit, but were told we needed to go through our agent.

Why is this being honored for other guests and not us?

The way Azamara is getting around this is stating they have decided to honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit for NEW BOOKINGS made between October 1 - October 8, the period when this promotion was posted on the Azamara website. Because ours is an existing booking, they will not honor the promotion that was in error.

This goes against what both you and Mr Pimentel have stated on this board, that the Choice Air promotions will be honored for existing bookings.

We will pursue further, but if not resolved my DH wants us to cancel. Because this was booked using a Passage and we are not allowed to make it into an Open Passage, this just means we will sit on this reservation until next year to see if we find another cruise we prefer where stated promotions are honored.

When I have a poor experience with a company and can't get resolution through the normal channels, I send an email to someone in upper management who I think would be concerned about having an unsatisfied customer. I explain the situation and let them know how I would like it resolved. If the company cares, the email will be routed to someone who is able to resolve the situation. My recent booking issue was quickly resolved in this manner. Email addresses are easy to find by searching online.

Sadly, I've had to do this for situations with bookings for my AZA cruise this past Summer as well as the one I just booked. I've never had to do this with any other cruise line. Hopefully one day the pre-cruise experience with AZA will improve.

Doug

You are fortunate this has worked out for you, but Azamara will not honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit for us that was posted on their website for OV and higher staterooms for our 2013 cruise.

Azamara is avoiding honoring the promotion by stating they have decided to honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit only for NEW BOOKINGS made between October 1 - October 8.

For all we know yours was the only new booking in the US during this time period, so they found a way to get out of honoring the same promotion for us.

Bill, this is great news and we are happy for TerryandDoug. But, we also had confirmed the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air Credit by phone, and were told to have our agent call to have the credit added. We provided a copy of the AZ terms and conditions, called while it was on the website, and provided the link.

Our agent called, and Azamara said it was suppose to be $500.00 per person and that is what was added to our booking. They called a second time, and Jason said they will not honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit as they are not going to go back to every booking and adjust them for their error.

Azamara should be happy that there are those of us on CC who were reading and pointing out the terms and conditions before they became a larger problem for the cruise line.

Why are we being treated differently than other clients?

When Azamara had announced the Choice Air credit, I contacted Azamara and also spoke to Jason..I explained that I had booked at a much lower rate and wanted the Choice Air credit but obviously did not want to pay the higher prevailing rate. He told me I could lock in the existing rate I had booked at and still get the Choice Air credit. His statement was consistent with a posting on this board from Bill L. The next day, my TA called Jason and Jason had said I would have to book at the prevailing rate. I checked Bill's then latest post on this subject and Bill also had changed his explanation. There is a lack of logic and consistency on these policies which change from day to day. I am glad the other poster received what he was promised via the website. It happened to me also pertaining to our last Azamara cruise in which different pages promised a different benefit. Corporate send me a letter apologizing for the confusion and allowed me the benefit. When I boarded the ship, they had no record of that resolution. Fortunately, I knew enough to bring a copy of Az's letter with me.

You are fortunate this has worked out for you, but Azamara will not honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit for us that was posted on their website for OV and higher staterooms for our 2013 cruise.

Azamara is avoiding honoring the promotion by stating they have decided to honor the $1,000.00 per person Choice Air credit only for NEW BOOKINGS made between October 1 - October 8.

For all we know yours was the only new booking in the US during this time period, so they found a way to get out of honoring the same promotion for us.

For clarification sake, they stated by phone for those who booked up until October 8, but I believe the promotion was still on the website Wednesday morning October 10. I initially spoke to them the previous week and requested our agent add the promo code.

They are now only honoring for new bookings, which goes against what was posted, including by the President of Azamara.

• 2 weeks later...
When I have a poor experience with a company and can't get resolution through the normal channels, I send an email to someone in upper management who I think would be concerned about having an unsatisfied customer. I explain the situation and let them know how I would like it resolved. If the company cares, the email will be routed to someone who is able to resolve the situation. My recent booking issue was quickly resolved in this manner. Email addresses are easy to find by searching online.

Sadly, I've had to do this for situations with bookings for my AZA cruise this past Summer as well as the one I just booked. I've never had to do this with any other cruise line. Hopefully one day the pre-cruise experience with AZA will improve.

Doug

We still have no resolution on this issue, which was the same as yours.

Archived