Splendor New Year's Cruise

We have just booked this cruise departing on December 30, and had a couple of questions:

1. What kind of activities/entertainment can we expect for New Year's Eve?

2. What about weather? Cooler leaving Long Beach, but warming up as we head south to Mexico? Having never cruised at this time of year, not sure how to pack!

3. Are there shaded areas on the Serenity Deck?

4. Excited to check out the Splendor! Any suggestions on what not miss?

Thanks in advance!

I've sailed Splendor twice. Here's my input:

1. Never sailed during that time period, so no comment.

2. Like you said, it will be cool leaving and returning to Long Beach during that time of year. However, Cabo will be warm and it will be even warmer in Puerto Vallarta (low 80s).

3. Yes, there are shaded areas in the Serenity areas, right next to the ship itself. However, there is no pool in the serenity area on Splendor.

4. Make sure you try the rotisserie which is located upstairs from the regular buffet area. It's rarely crowded becasue a lot of the passengers don't even realize it's up there until the end of the cruise. Have a great cruise!

I am on the same cruise.

We have cruised one time for NYE. When we boarded they had free flowing champagne, so the muster drill was interesting.:D

In the dining room at all the tables were hats, noisemakers and lei's. Later that evening they had two celebrations, one formal in the atrium, and up above, were hundreds of inflated balloons held by a net, to be dropped at midnight.

Then up on Lido deck was an informal party, which is the one we attended. So much fun. The crew really gets to celebrate too and the champagne was free flowing from about 10pm on. It wasn't very good champagne but it was nice they were so generous with it.

I really love cruising for New Years!

I can't be sure exactly what's in store for you. On our cruise last New Year's Eve, there was quite a party. It fell on the last night instead of the first. It was "Elegant Night", for two days prior, every contest was rewarded with COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLES OF CHAMPAGNE! Wife and I got an extra because it was also our 13th anniversary. Trays of champagne all over, was lots of fun. Great party in the atrium with CD and Captain doing the countdown over the PA! Wear a Tux/ball gown, it's great.

Thanks for all the information! If I'm not mistaken, New Year's Eve will fall on our first Elegant Night on day 2, so most everyone should look great.

AK Coachie, where in Alaska are you? I was raised in the Fairbanks/North Pole area, but also have lived in Anchorage. Spent a lot of the last 8 months in Fairbanks before my mom passed away. Also have a sister in Fairbanks and a brother in Wasilla.

We sailed once at New Years and loved it.

-Free champagne on Lido deck from arrival till Muster Drill

-Late night party on NY Eve

-At midnight the Captain wished us a Happy New Year

-Prior to dressing for dinner on our beds were party hats and blow out horns

:D

We cruised on the Glory for New Years in 2007/2008. It was our first cruise and we had a fantastic time. At New Years they had a live band on the lido deck with hats and noisemakers. At midnight the captain blew the ships horn for what seemed like 10 minutes. We all had our ears plugged. We wondered it it got stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two words - Posiden Adventure.

Just saying...

Andy

:p[/quote

Hah! I remember how much I liked that movie way back when. We'll have to start looking for the way to the engine room as soon as we board so we'll know where the thinnest part of the hull is. Or better yet, look around for the smartest kid and follow him...

Archived