Best beach with snorkeling

Dave Mck

I've found Glen James weather forecast for all islands to be very good:

http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/

And definitely leave enough time to comfirtably return to the ship. The Hawaiian music station KPOA 93.5 will mention any major traffic problems which is a reason I caution those who leave the West Maui area.

There's only one 2-lane road which can be closed for hours if there's an accident or brushfire. The only other road is more for local traffic around the north end of Maui through Kahakuloa which would take about 2 hours from Wailea if they're allowing through traffic. While this doesn't happen too often it's a possibility & results in all those in West Maui missing flights or could also mean missing the ship.

Enjoy the beauty of the Valley Isles but I like to share this possibility for those touring independently when leaving the West Maui area.

Thank you. We will keep that in mind. I tend to be cautious, so with that in consideration we may just stick with our original plans of Black Rock 7 Ka'anapali Beach

Sunny AZ Girl:

If you are planning on snorkeling from the beach one thing I didn't see mentioned here is that it is almost always better in the morning as the waves pick up in the afternoon at Ulua. We have been there about ten times and this has been true each of those days.

That you. I have read that as being generally a good idea. I appreciate the reminder.

Is there any facilities at Black Rock - Ka'anapali Beach? We are planning on snorkeling in the morning and touring, and don't want to deal with a wet bathing suit and sand...

Was there a few years ago, but don't remember.

Thanks

Archived