Port or starboard?

loum140

Hoping for some guidance from our CC family.....we're booked on Voyage of the Midnight Sun, London to Copenhagen, on Nautica 7/4/13. Most of the itinerary is along the coast of Norway. The only stateroom available in our category when we booked was port side (but I'm a starboard kind of gal!).

We love to watch and photograph the changing scenery from our balcony so if you've taken this voyage already, we would appreciate any advice on whether or not to keep our current assignment or ask our wonderful TA to keep an eye out for a starboard stateroom should one open up Thanks in advance, Marsha

Marsha

You will be far from shore on most of the route & when you are close enough for photos you will probably best to be up on deck ;)

Except when cruising the polar Ice cap

bundle up;)

Lyn

That's an answer that I expected, Lyn, since you have been on this itinerary. Port versus starboard only seems to be relevant or interesting when you are actually in port (no pun intended). We're on the same voyage and plan to spend any truly scenic days at sea on deck or in Horizons. Can't wait!

Hope the smokers aren't polluting your Horizons experience because they have on our previous cruises. YWEW......even at 8 am.

Although we dont smoke it now has me thinking - Is there a room choice to avoid?

I read that the ship only has a "glassed in area on Deck 9 and a spot on the starboard side of the pool deck".

Since we are thinking Deck 9 should I avoid a certain side or area ?

Any help is appreciated

That's an answer that I expected, Lyn, since you have been on this itinerary. Port versus starboard only seems to be relevant or interesting when you are actually in port (no pun intended). We're on the same voyage and plan to spend any truly scenic days at sea on deck or in Horizons. Can't wait!

Rubysue: Actually, you are right and what I meant to say was that we enjoy watching the activity and sights in the harbor area of the cities/towns we visit rather than facing the open sea while in port. (no pun intended on my part either!)

Lyn: Thanks for all your help and the photo links.

Although we dont smoke it now has me thinking - Is there a room choice to avoid?

I read that the ship only has a "glassed in area on Deck 9 and a spot on the starboard side of the pool deck".

Since we are thinking Deck 9 should I avoid a certain side or area ?

Any help is appreciated

There is absolutely no smoking on any of the passenger cabin decks, on any Oceania ship.

On the smaller ships, Regatta & Nautica, there is a smoking section (not glassed in) on Deck 10, in a corner of the Horizons (Observation) Lounge.

On the larger ships, Marina & Riviera, the smoking section is glassed in, and is also in the Observation Lounge, but that Lounge is on Deck 14.

On all four ships, a corner of the Pool deck is the "outdoor smoking section", but the pool on the smaller ships is on Deck 9 and on the larger ships Deck 12.

Hope this helped :D

Archived