onboard booking question

Big Easy

We leave November 22, 2012, for TA on Marina. We have immediate interest in booking an O January 2014 cruise. If we do book that cruise shortly, will we be able to receive a retroactive "on board booking credit" for the 2014 cruise?

Thanks for any help provided - Mike

We leave November 22, 2012, for TA on Marina. We have immediate interest in booking an O January 2014 cruise. If we do book that cruise shortly, will we be able to receive a retroactive "on board booking credit" for the 2014 cruise?

Thanks for any help provided - Mike

I have done it through my TA twice. The discount was applied to a future already booked cruise.

That said, I understand Oceania has changed some of its policies with respect to on board booking discounts.

Have your TA check with Oceania. If you do not have a TA, get one! LOL

The 5% booking on board discount is no longer being offered. There are selected discounts for "C" and above cabins on selected cruises. If your cruise and cabin are offered and available on the 11/22 TA, O will arrange to rebook you at the discounted rate. See you soon.

The 5% booking on board discount is no longer being offered. There are selected discounts for "C" and above cabins on selected cruises. If your cruise and cabin are offered and available on the 11/22 TA, O will arrange to rebook you at the discounted rate. See you soon.

That doesn't quite match what my TA told me. I was told that the on board 5% discount is available for any cruise w/o limitation to cabin selections. But there are limitations for making changes once you book and still get the 5%. And per our TA the discount would be available retroactively. So we spent the time to pick our second cruise and made the booking to assure the cabin we wanted, in anticipation of the on board discount.

We're counting on it!

That doesn't quite match what my TA told me. I was told that the on board 5% discount is available for any cruise w/o limitation to cabin selections. But there are limitations for making changes once you book and still get the 5%. And per our TA the discount would be available retroactively. So we spent the time to pick our second cruise and made the booking to assure the cabin we wanted, in anticipation of the on board discount.

We're counting on it!

The rules recently changed so depending on when you spoke to your TA the information may not hold true now

Or they did not get the Memo

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1713297

Lyn

Okay, read both threads. Thanks. But I still need help!

I am cruising with Oceania in December and we are interested in a cruise in 2014, possibly in a cheaper cabin. I do want my travel agent to handle my booking. Savings would be most welcome though so any discount through booking on board would be good!

If I booked on board, would I get the rest of the discounts that Oceania is offering - free gratuities? Do I have to wait until I am on board to book to get any discount?

I am not quite sure why Oceania does it this way. If they want to give discounts to frequent passengers, there must be easier ways to do it! Perhaps their change from 5%off is the beginning of dumping this older practice.

Okay, read both threads. Thanks. But I still need help!

I am cruising with Oceania in December and we are interested in a cruise in 2014, possibly in a cheaper cabin. I do want my travel agent to handle my booking. Savings would be most welcome though so any discount through booking on board would be good!

If I booked on board, would I get the rest of the discounts that Oceania is offering - free gratuities? Do I have to wait until I am on board to book to get any discount?

I am not quite sure why Oceania does it this way. If they want to give discounts to frequent passengers, there must be easier ways to do it! Perhaps their change from 5%off is the beginning of dumping this older practice.

Everything about booking on board is the same as booking form home except that you would earn the additional "booking on board" discount. Promotions, such as free gratuities, if they are offered, remain unaffected.

You may transfer the booking to your Agent, but new rules stipulate that you must do that promptly (within 30 days, if memory serves), or that Agent won't earn a commission.

You may transfer the booking to your Agent, but new rules stipulate that you must do that promptly (within 30 days, if memory serves), or that Agent won't earn a commission.

I think the booking will go to the last agent on file ...but do not quote me on this

If you want to change TA's check first with the Oceania booking person onboard

Lyn

I think the booking will go to the last agent on file ...but do not quote me on this

If you want to change TA's check first with the Oceania booking person onboard

Lyn

As it happens, I was changing Agents when I booked my last Oceania Cruise on the ship.

The process is set up so that the booking is credited to the last Agent if the passenger says nothing, but that is easily changed.

We didn't have the new agent particulars on the ship, so we called Oceania with the details when we got home.

As it happens, I was changing Agents when I booked my last Oceania Cruise on the ship.

The process is set up so that the booking is credited to the last Agent if the passenger says nothing, but that is easily changed.

We didn't have the new agent particulars on the ship, so we called Oceania with the details when we got home.

That is what i thought

I have never booked onboard

I just have my wonderful TA look after things for me ;);)

Lyn

Archived