Stone massage

magandab

I'm not sure this is where to ask about this, but I figure many of you might have an opinion.

I'm looking at treating myself to a massage on my upcoming cruise and see that a hot stone massage is on the menu. Anyone tried this and can describe it a bit and give an opinion on whether it is worth it?

I'm not sure this is where to ask about this, but I figure many of you might have an opinion.

I'm looking at treating myself to a massage on my upcoming cruise and see that a hot stone massage is on the menu. Anyone tried this and can describe it a bit and give an opinion on whether it is worth it?

I had it a few times on the Queen Elizabeth. I did not like it very much; the technique was different from the one I used to. If you ever down in Los Feliz area do try the DTOX Day Spa. There are many spas in my area, but I drive all the way to the DTOX; they are the best. I go there twice a month. I usually get the seaweed wrap or the hot stone signature massage, and then I get the organic custom facial. They are a bit pricy, but this is the only body I have. Perhaps you should give the spa on the ship a chance. They might be better than the one on the QE.

http://dtoxdayspa.reachlocal.com/?scid=1097899&kw=7162160:12835

M

I've had several hot stone massages and I love them! During both of mine, I had traditional massage with the stones incorporated on parts of my body. I often have a sore lower back and my massage therapist laid the rocks on there and left them for a bit and then did traditional massage and it really relaxed those muscles. I say go for it!

As a massage therapist it is not always the favourite to do but most clients love them. The deep heat can allow the therapist to work a little deeper too if needed. I normally put essential oils with mine and that becomes a very relaxing massage.

The norm is to integrate the stones with normally Swedish massage and also the laying of different stone on strategic spots on the body normally down the whole back on the spine, legs, held in palms, between toes etc.

As I say on all spa/massage type threads. I wouldn't pay onboard prices for any treatment but of course it is different for me. Having one just before or just after the cruise is always an option and one could probably get two for the price you pay onboard and dare I say it maybe a better massage!

As others have posted, these do feel wonderful. I've had them several times onboard ship. I did learn the hard way, though, to book it at the beginning of the cruise before I accidently got too much sun, rather than near the end of the cruise. It's much more enjoyable that way. That being said, I have never had a bad massage, just some better than others. My daughter is a massage therapist (sports massage) and I've been spoiled by that.

I had it a few times on the Queen Elizabeth. I did not like it very much; the technique was different from the one I used to. If you ever down in Los Feliz area do try the DTOX Day Spa. There are many spas in my area, but I drive all the way to the DTOX; they are the best. I go there twice a month. I usually get the seaweed wrap or the hot stone signature massage, and then I get the organic custom facial. They are a bit pricy, but this is the only body I have. Perhaps you should give the spa on the ship a chance. They might be better than the one on the QE.

http://dtoxdayspa.reachlocal.com/?scid=1097899&kw=7162160:12835

M

The hubby and I are going on our first Princess Cruise for our Thirtieth Anniversary in a couple weeks. So looking forward to it. Have never had a message or facial in my life. Routinely get pedicures and manicures so thinking about pampering myself with a aromatherapy seaweed wrap/facial. I think its about time :) Never to late to try something new and I like your thinking Marie- this is the only body I have. Be kind to it.

Archived