Just off Allure on 10/14/12. Questions?

kfleck76

Did you see the headliner show? What/who was it?

Yes we did. it was Abracadabra - a group that does Abba songs. They were excellent, and I believe they are the closest thing you could get to what an actual Abba concert would be like. They don't just sing "karaoke" versions. They are very realistic and actually play the parts of the group members.

Somebody clue me in... What are freestyle coke machines?!

They are soda machines with different coke products that you can customize by adding other flavor options. For example, I think you can make peach sprite, vanilla coke, etc. I think they say there are like more than 100 possible combinations.

Yes we did. it was Abracadabra - a group that does Abba songs. They were excellent, and I believe they are the closest thing you could get to what an actual Abba concert would be like. They don't just sing "karaoke" versions. They are very realistic and actually play the parts of the group members.

Spelling correction on my part... The groups name is Adbacadabra.

Thanks for the reply on the how to train your dragon and other questions. And may I just say Lucky Dog on seeing Abbacadabra! I keep hoping they will end up being our headliner when we sail.... but my luck predicts not

You're very welcome! Glad I could help. Hopefully your luck will change and you will get to see them! They were really good! Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope you decide to write a review. I love reading them.

You're very welcome! Glad to help and answer any questions I can! Hope to do a review as time permits!

Would you know what 3D movies were playing? I am interested in your opinions on the new menu. Welcome home.

Hi vrock! You are very welcome to join our Roll Call for the Oct 28th cruise if you feel like it :)

I'm still in major withdrawal after leaving the amazing Allure of the Seas yesterday! If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to try and answer any I can! It will also help my withdrawal to talk about it! :) I am also considering working on a review soon, but would like to answer questions in the meantime.

Did you do Rita's Fiesta? If yes, could you tell us what you thought of it? If not, waiting eagerly for the possible review ;)

What was open for lunch on embarkation day??

I know the Windjammer and Park Cafe were definitely open for lunch. When I get home from work this evening, I will look at my compass for the first day and let you know what else, if anything, was open.

Did you do Rita's Fiesta? If yes, could you tell us what you thought of it? If not, waiting eagerly for the possible review ;)

No, we didn't do that unfortunately. I considered it, but it was hard to work it in with shows, etc. that I had scheduled ahead of time. We did do lunch there on Saturday though, and the food/drink was very good! We walked by one night when one was already going on, and it looked like people were really having a good time!

Keep your eyes open for the review... it will probably be started soon. Everyone has persuaded me to do it, so I will work on it as quickly as time permits... :)

Thank you! I forgot about that one. I actually didn't make it to see any of them. Just not enough time to do everything on this ship.... :/

That is the nice thing, they do let you come back. I will probably try to see this on my return this spring.

I know the Windjammer and Park Cafe were definitely open for lunch. When I get home from work this evening, I will look at my compass for the first day and let you know what else, if anything, was open.

Last year we ate at the Dog joint on the Boardwalk, no crowds at all and the weather sitting near the Aquatheater was wonderful.

We got off the Allure on the 14th as well. I believe I saw Battleship listed in the compass as a 3D movie showing in the aqua theatre. We did the Ritas Fiesta & i think it was decent for the price. 3 drinks, chips & salsa, an appitizer plate, fajitas and a dessert plate. I'd plan on either eating very lighty in the MDR or not at all before going to the Ritas Fiesta. Another vote here for the Boardwalk Dog house. Very good, waited as the most 3min for a dog & its free!

Avoid the breakfast lines on either ship if you have a balcony stateroom. Order room service for breakfast and eat watching the waves. Tip a couple of dollars. One of our favorite cruise activities.

(oops, wrong thread, but I guess it's relevant here too)

• 2 weeks later...

I see from your post that you have been on the Allure and Freedom. We are debating between the Allure and Independence next March and want to get your thoughts. We can cruise for 8 days on the IOS for the same price as the 7 day on Allure. Do we go for the bells and whistles or for the extra day? Thoughts?.....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I see from your post that you have been on the Allure and Freedom. We are debating between the Allure and Independence next March and want to get your thoughts. We can cruise for 8 days on the IOS for the same price as the 7 day on Allure. Do we go for the bells and whistles or for the extra day? Thoughts?.....

Thanks!

I'm sorry that it took until now for me to see this post. Hmm... Tough call. Freedom was a great ship, and I really enjoyed cruising on it! That being said however, I think I would choose Allure. The Boardwalk and Central Park areas alone can't be beat in my opinion, and the innovative ideas that went into this ship are just amazing! I will say, 7 days is not enough to really take it all in. An extra day would be nice, and if you aren't into all of the neighborhoods, etc. that Allure has to offer, Independence will still offer some of the bigger ship touches! Hope this helps.

Archived