fascination review 5/16-5/20

marc334

Well despite all the horrible things I read re the fascination was not gaudy, stained decrepit or otherwise.

The pool slide was open, the staff was pleasant, although the English skills were a little lacking sometimes.

The food was fine, room service was fairly quick, the buffets were not exceptional, although the midnite buffet looked impressive, they have photo op-11:30-12:30.

I will try to answer any questions

i don't have the capers or menu's-the capers were pretty simple-just re shop discount's events and such-cruiseclues.com will give a good idea regarding menus-all dinners had a meat a fish a veggie-lobster tail on formal nite-(tuesday) beef wellington another-good sugar free desserts and even better non sugar free

THANK GOODNESS!! We are leaving on the Fasination on 6/24 for a quick 3 day cruise. We are celebrating my daughters high school graduation and my sister in law will be taking her honeymoon also! I have been very worried since I am the one that picked which ship and which cruise to take and I too read the bad reviews of the Fasination. I just figured we would have to make it a good time no matter what!! What level of room did you have? Was the pool rust stained? Was the staff rude? We have a variety of ages - a 14 month old, 18 year old, 21 year old and adults - was there enough to do?

Marc, thanks for posting. I, too, was wondering about the ship. I am leaving Friday on a short three day. Glad to hear she is still good. How was the movement on this ship,, it is smaller than the others I have traveled on.

I was on the same cruise as Marc. I thought the ship was in great shape. VERY Clean. Especially the bathrooms and common areas. Our cabin was cleaned afew times a day. Towel animals twice. I did not come across one rude staff member. Everyone was very pleasant to deal with. As far as the pool goes, I couldn't see any rust. But I didn't go in the pool. I did make a point to look at the rim and couldn't see anything. The food was very good with many choices every night. I even enjoyed the buffett at lunch twice. There was always something to do on the ship. Games, shows, talks, bingo, gambling or just relaxing on deck with a good book and froo froo drink. By the way we never had a problem finding a place to sit on deck. Well hope this helps anybody who has questions.

I was on the same cruise as Marc. I thought the ship was in great shape. VERY Clean. Especially the bathrooms and common areas. Our cabin was cleaned afew times a day. Towel animals twice. I did not come across one rude staff member. Everyone was very pleasant to deal with. As far as the pool goes, I couldn't see any rust. But I didn't go in the pool. I did make a point to look at the rim and couldn't see anything. The food was very good with many choices every night. I even enjoyed the buffett at lunch twice. There was always something to do on the ship. Games, shows, talks, bingo, gambling or just relaxing on deck with a good book and froo froo drink. By the way we never had a problem finding a place to sit on deck. Well hope this helps anybody who has questions. oh and yes there is a singalong bar.

catm1 and Marc, did you notice much movement?

Do they have the snowball bingo on this ship?

What do they do when you first get on? On the other cruiseline I have crued before they have a big buffet lunch ( not in the dining room) with carving stations,etc. Do they have that on Carnival?

What did you do when you spent the day and night in Nassau? Did they have anything to do on the ship?

Thank you

Moofus, There was virtually no rocking the first 3 days of the cruise, the last day, (day at sea) was a little rocky but not to bad. the stabilizers were very good. We did the 4 night so did not go to Nassau. I don't know about snowball bingo, but they did at least one bingo session a day and the last day 3 sessions. Yes, they have a large lunch buffett when you get on the ship before you sale, along with the grill being open, ( hamburgers and hotdogs), and the pizza place and deli. There is much to do all the time and the service was excellant. hope this helps

pretty much as catm61 said-i did not see nor really look for rust-cabin was very clean-was serviced in late morn and early eveng-buffet lunch when bording-or grill-dogs burges fries avail also-ship looked better than i imagined after seeing all the other reviews

MY SO was on this 5/16 cruise with a friend and had no major complaints and had a very good time. She did say the piano player was a woman and was not one of the best she has seen but said the piano bar always had a good crowd. They do have BINGO I know because she was very excited about winning $600.00 playing it.

• 2 weeks later...

:) We just returned from the 4 day cruise on the Fascination. This was my 5th cruise, 2nd CCL. Overall I would say that the Fascination was well worth the $$$. It had a few rust spots on the pool floor (hardly noticable after the 2nd drink :D ) It was well kept all over. The crew is rated 3rd in CCL entire fleet and I noticed this right away. There is bingo daily many opportunities and the last day they gave away $5k. Piano sing along bar yes- it was a lady. Shows were entertaining, food was fine. Embarkation was a nightmare as Homeland Security was trying something new- waited in line for over 1 1/2 hours. Debarkation was about 15min from start to finish in the car and driving off. We opted to do the old fashioned debark- set our luggage out the night before. It was really hairy on the ship around 8am when alot of people were crammed on the Empress deck for self debarkation- all the elevators were tied up and we could not even walk up the stairs to Lido for breakfast. We finally got an elevator after 15 min but we were glad that we didnt have to battle all those people trying to self serve. After breakfast we went back to our cabin got our belongings and walked right off the ship with no delays, our luggage was placed in order to deck levels and was very easy to locate. I would sail the Fascination again-this was with our 8y.o. and 2 14y.o. girls. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived