Need recommendations - have already done Stingrays

mateome

Will be in Grand Cayman in a few weeks. We did the Stingrays last year, which was amazing! But would like to do something else this year. My concern is that there are 4 ships in that day. Any chance of finding a quiet beach, but with drinks (ie not Cemetary Beach)? Though I'd love to go to Rum Point, I do not trust my driving skills to rent a car to get there. I'm not too worried about costs, just want something easy, relaxing and not too crazy crowded (I'm envisioning spring break Daytona Beach with 4 ships in that day!). Thanks!

Any chance of finding a quiet beach, but with drinks (ie not Cemetary Beach)? Though I'd love to go to Rum Point, I do not trust my driving skills to rent a car to get there.

Try this place. Nice and quiet.

http://idiveglobal.com/locations/starfishbeach/

Umm...if you don't want to drive to Rum Point, then Starfish Beach isn't an option. It's five minutes down the road from Rum Point. It also has no facilities at all since it's a vacant lot.

If you want access to facilities and drinks, you're going to need to be at, or at least near, one of the beach clubs.

I'd avoid Tiki Beach, since that's usually where most of the excursions go, and I'd avoid Sea Grape/Public Beach, since that's where the rest of the excursions go plus it's the prime section for families with kids due to the playground.

Personally, at or somewhere near Royal Palms is likely to be your best bet. Good facilities, good bar with an okay food menu, and they don't cater to excursions. http://royalpalmscayman.com/

You won't find a quiet beach with drinks and amenities but I agree the Reef Grill at Royal Palms is the beast beach club for you.

I would however encourage you to drive to Rum Point. it is really an easy island to drive, the roads are in excellent condition and the island is flat. Driving on the left side is a piece of cake - just keep your shoulder to the shoulder. The only time you have to be more careful is at the rotarys (roundabouts), there just take your time and have the navigator watch the signs. The rental is cheap (CC covers the insurance if you have the right one, we used Cap One).

You will be glad you went there!;)

[EDIT] If you are there on a Sunday Rum Point will be crowded with locals so you may want to go to Kaibo just down the road instead.

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the responses. I was thinking about Royal Palms, but didn't know if it would be wall to wall people. We will think a bit more about the option of driving. We went to Rum Point last year on jet skis. Driving a car on Grand Cayman shouldn't be any scarier than dumping twice in the middle of the ocean on jet skis, right?

Archived