Cruise-ginity lost on Carnival’s Victory – 10/7-10/14 Review

trippingpara

I loved reading your review. It was the perfect amount of photos and reading. Great photos - you really captured what it was like. We will be on the Liberty this November vising San Juan, St. Maarten, Grand Turk and Nassau. I was especially interested in your review of San Juan and am now really pumped up about visiting the forts.

Feel free to visit Florida for your next cruise! we have tons of things to do here.

• 4 months later...
Really really great review. Very information with out the details that no one cares about. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Natdalton,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't wait to repeat this cruise in May on the Liberty!! Be on the lookout for that review!

Overall, a great cruise and would highly recommend it to anyone with a pulse. Now please bear with me as I struggle to figure out this whole uploading photos thing while I write this.

Thanks for the helpful review. I'm more excited than ever to sail on Victory in June.

• 6 months later...
I just started reading your breakfast thread on the Princess board. Despite what the breakfast offerings may be, my travel companions have both cruised Princess, and they say that the dinner offerings are much better than what Carnival currently has on their MDR menus. Though, I hear the Princess menus are "evolving"?:eek: too. Nevertheless, I am ready for a change from Carnival.

I have cruised on princess cruise line several times and I don't find the food to be any better there than on any other cruise lines. I prefer Carnival for some items for instance Carnival makes the best escargot and still gives lobster on formal night. The one area where I feel princess excels is in their baked goods. They had lots of Chrusty flaky rolls at dinner and wonderful chocolate croissants at breakfast.

I know this is a 2012 Photo Review...but I hadn't seen it...thanks for all the photos and your good review. :):):):)

Cruiseclues - thank you so much for taking the time to read my review and to post such a nice comment.

I have cruised on princess cruise line several times and I don't find the food to be any better there than on any other cruise lines. I prefer Carnival for some items for instance Carnival makes the best escargot and still gives lobster on formal night. The one area where I feel princess excels is in their baked goods. They had lots of Chrusty flaky rolls at dinner and wonderful chocolate croissants at breakfast.

Great! Now I'm strolling around my kitchen looking for a chocolate croissant for breakfast! I highly suspect I will not find one!

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old review but I read both your southern Caribbean reviews today and loved em! We leave in 30+ days on the same itinerary. Do u happen to remember what time you got dropped off at the airport after doing the rainforest tour and was it through carnival? We will be in San Juan a couple days precruise and definitely want to go to El Yunque ...trying to decide if we should go before or after the cruise since we fly out late afternoon. Thanks in advance. Also loved your photos...I'm a pro photog and when I cruise I tend to leave my SLR on the ship (don't wanna hassle with it) but I just might take it with me this time into port!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I know this is an old review but I read both your southern Caribbean reviews today and loved em! We leave in 30+ days on the same itinerary. Do u happen to remember what time you got dropped off at the airport after doing the rainforest tour and was it through carnival? We will be in San Juan a couple days precruise and definitely want to go to El Yunque ...trying to decide if we should go before or after the cruise since we fly out late afternoon. Thanks in advance. Also loved your photos...I'm a pro photog and when I cruise I tend to leave my SLR on the ship (don't wanna hassle with it) but I just might take it with me this time into port!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ktinnc - Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to read my reviews. if I remember correctly, our flight out was around 4 pm and we got dropped off at the airport around 1 pm. The excursion was through Carnival. It was great because we didn't have to worry about our luggage and we got to experience another lovely area of Puerto Rico before we flew out. Happy sailing!