Call about winning cruise

JdoggCruiser

I was always told if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. While Im sitting here watching the yankess get pounded (hahaha, and no not a sox fan but orioles) when my phone rings. the caller id came up as a number from Illinois. I answered it and guess what? I won a carnival cruise! All I had to do was press one to speak to a cruise consultant to book it. Hahahahah, I really wanted to press it and have some fun with the rep on the other end but I didnt. I just hung up. Has anyone else received this call?

I was always told if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. While Im sitting here watching the yankess get pounded (hahaha, and no not a sox fan but orioles) when my phone rings. the caller id came up as a number from Illinois. I answered it and guess what? I won a carnival cruise! All I had to do was press one to speak to a cruise consultant to book it. Hahahahah, I really wanted to press it and have some fun with the rep on the other end but I didnt. I just hung up. Has anyone else received this call?

Yep I got one saying I'd entered a drawing for either princess, carnival or holland America. I entered them but through Facebook. I hung up too.

Thats what my wife said to me!:eek:

You got a robocall which by their very nature are used to make hundreds of thousands of calls. You shouldn't even have to ask. Another reason to make sure you are on the Do Not Call list.

Im on Don't call list and get sales calls all the time.we report them

on the do not call website but still recive call from the same people

all the time

Fortunately, that hasn't been my experience. I had one company making credit services robocalls and used my call blocker feature to shut them down.

I've gotten several of these calls. The last one I got we were out shopping. I recognized the number so I put it on speaker phone. Got the loud ship horn followed by "you've won a free 4 night cruise on carnival". You should have seen my wife's eyes light up and then the shock when I hung up. :D I let her mill it over for a while until I told her that I had a few of these calls and that they say that all you have to do is a survey to get the cruise. I thought it was fun anyway!

Archived