CourtneyMcP2012

Thought I would stop in and say "Hi". My DH, myself and 7 of our friends just booked on the Valor out of San Juan on May 5th. Everyone else has recently cruised besides myself, its been 10 years, and my DH has NEVER been on a cruise. I look forward to chatting with everyone and getting some great ideas of what to bring and what not.

**Our ports of call are: Babados, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. Lucia and St. Kitts.

**Our room is on deck 8 (LIDO) Room 9264

Any information on the ship, ports, San Juan or our room are greatly appreciated:o

Thought I would stop in and say "Hi". My DH, myself and 7 of our friends just booked on the Valor out of San Juan on May 5th. Everyone else has recently cruised besides myself, its been 10 years, and my DH has NEVER been on a cruise. I look forward to chatting with everyone and getting some great ideas of what to bring and what not.

**Our ports of call are: Babados, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, St. Lucia and St. Kitts.

**Our room is on deck 8 (LIDO) Room 9264

Any information on the ship, ports, San Juan or our room are greatly appreciated:o

Welcome to the board and to cruising again. As for ideas of what to bring and what not, it's something only you can determine if you'll need it or not. Some swear by the over the door organizer while others said they went out and bought one and never used it. Same with duct tape.

I suggest:

• Bringing lots of small denomination currency for tips.

• Some sort of alarm clock. (no clocks in cabin)

• First aid supplies. (Ships stores have limited supplies and are expensive.)

• We take insulated mugs with us. Great for coffee in the mornings and keeping the cold drinks cold during the sea days.

• Take a small bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release spray. As soon as you unpack and find wrinkles, spray them right away so that they'll dry before you have to wear them.
  • We put all of our luggage under the bed. We leave one for dirty clothes and put a dryer sheet in it to keep it fresh smelling. We fold the clothes before we put them in it to save room.
  • Lay out the clothes you think you'll need on a bed. Pack half of them and put the rest away. Most people overpack.

I just did this cruise on the Victory and had a wonderful time. I only suggestion is looking into a tour with Cosol in St Lucia. The best exursion by far that I have ever done! Good Luck and Welcome!

I second everything Kelzbelz77 says. We were on the Vicotry for this itinerary in April 2011. Cosol Tours in St. Lucia was FANTASTIC, we had such a great day. Highly recommended. :)

PS - I just noticed you're from Maine. I'm from New Brunswick. Nothing like getting away from these parts in the spring. :)

Welcome!

I checked out Valor for next summer, mainly for St Maarten and St Kitts, which we haven't visited yet. Decided to sail out of Port Canaveral after taking the flight cost into account. I wish that Valor cruise had four port days instead of five - even though we cruise primarily for ports, I like a couple of sea days too. We were exhausted by the 4th straight port day when we sailed out of San Juan. :)

Thanks you everyone, i joined my roll call and i will definatly check into that excursion on St. Lucia.

I am from the Bethel area in Maine. Same town as Sunday River Skiway. I will most definatly be looking forward to a spring vacation, i manage a heating oil office so spring is a great time for a vacation after a lon stressful winter

Welcome!

I checked out Valor for next summer, mainly for St Maarten and St Kitts, which we haven't visited yet. Decided to sail out of Port Canaveral after taking the flight cost into account. I wish that Valor cruise had four port days instead of five - even though we cruise primarily for ports, I like a couple of sea days too. We were exhausted by the 4th straight port day when we sailed out of San Juan. :)

It actually was cheaper for us to fly out of Portland Maine to San Juan then out of Portland to Ft Lauderdale!! I was wondering about a lot of ports as well but i am sure i will enjoy sitting on the beach with a drink and book if i get warn out after the 3rd port day.:D

Archived