Quick Question on Hotel Olimpia location

wantocruisemore

We are reserved at Hotel Olimpia for 1 nt. pre-cruise and 4 nts postcruise. I looked at this link of the map of Venice (which I LOVE by the way) and it seems to show the Hotel at 2 locations. One is right at the P. Roma and the other seem to be across a small canal. Here's the link with the locations.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/hotelmaps/airport-buses.htm

Can anyone who has stayed there or knows the reason it's marked 2 times at 2 locations? Which is accurate or are both?

We are reserved at Hotel Olimpia for 1 nt. pre-cruise and 4 nts postcruise. I looked at this link of the map of Venice (which I LOVE by the way) and it seems to show the Hotel at 2 locations. One is right at the P. Roma and the other seem to be across a small canal. Here's the link with the locations.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/hotelmaps/airport-buses.htm

Can anyone who has stayed there or knows the reason it's marked 2 times at 2 locations? Which is accurate or are both?

I only see it once. The hotel next to it across the canal is Hotel Arlecchino.

But here is another link to a map. You have to click on map, then on Santa Croce then #2 is Hotel Olimpia

http://www.hotelinvenice.com/?param[lang]=en&param[idmarea]=1&param[loc_country]=ITA&param[loc]=HIV&page=venice_map&action=form_map_show&param[idzone]=6

You have to enlarge the map. I shows 2 once you do this. One location is the one shown on the map not enlarged. The other is right at P. Roma about halfway to the People Mover if you look from the other Hotel Olimpia "H" mark.

I had enlarged the map trying to check on the bridges and that's how I found it. The one beside Arlecchio seems to be across the canal from P. Roma. The other does not.

You have to enlarge the map. I shows 2 once you do this. One location is the one shown on the map not enlarged. The other is right at P. Roma about halfway to the People Mover if you look from the other Hotel Olimpia "H" mark.

I had enlarged the map trying to check on the bridges and that's how I found it. The one beside Arlecchio seems to be across the canal from P. Roma. The other does not.

I dont get that when i look at it. I only see it once. And the location is correct. Its just south of P.Roma next to the Arlecchino. I was just there last year.

www.veniceconnected.com/ This is the best site to look at Venice. Click on the site. Then look for Venizia 360 in the left hand side. Click on that then click on city. This will bring up an aerial view. Pan in as close as you want and then just position your arrow on the area you want to see and click. It works better than any ive seen for a ground level tour of Venice

Try enlarging again. The second location does not have the "H" by it so that may be how you missed it. But it is clearly there with a little bed beside it.

So, for those that have stayed, we will need to cross a bridge from P. Roma to get to Hotel Olimpia?

Yes you will cross a small bridge from the P.Roma parking lot then over an interconnected bridge to get to Hotel Olimpia. Its no to bad at all even with your luggage and its very close from P.Roma.

Yes you will cross a small bridge from the P.Roma parking lot then over an interconnected bridge to get to Hotel Olimpia. Its no to bad at all even with your luggage and its very close from P.Roma.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to be sure of. We will be using a bus from airport, the people mover to/from port and after the cruise and days in Venice we will go to train station. We're trying to do the transfers on our own with luggage and if the Olimpia was not going to be doable I wanted to change now.

But it looks like it will work fine. Thanks so much for that additional link. I'm bookmarking it so I have it.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to be sure of. We will be using a bus from airport, the people mover to/from port and after the cruise and days in Venice we will go to train station. We're trying to do the transfers on our own with luggage and if the Olimpia was not going to be doable I wanted to change now.

But it looks like it will work fine. Thanks so much for that additional link. I'm bookmarking it so I have it.

If you are going to the train station after your stay then you will have one more large bridge to deal with from the P.Roma to the train station. The link i sent will allow you to walk the streets as if you were there. You can see exactly what you will be dealing with.

there is only 1 bridge to cross and it's a small one, maybe 30ft. When you step off the ATVO bus in PRoma you can clearly see the Arlechino and it's sign, and the Olimpia is next door; that's how close you are. Less than a 5 minute walk. I don't think the olimpia has an elevator; since you're concerned about a bridge will you manage flights of stairs at the hotel?

BTW, my 80 yr old mother managed 3 bridges to our hotel; she had one wheeled case and a shoulder tote.

there is only 1 bridge to cross and it's a small one, maybe 30ft. When you step off the ATVO bus in PRoma you can clearly see the Arlechino and it's sign, and the Olimpia is next door; that's how close you are. Less than a 5 minute walk. I don't think the olimpia has an elevator; since you're concerned about a bridge will you manage flights of stairs at the hotel?

BTW, my 80 yr old mother managed 3 bridges to our hotel; she had one wheeled case and a shoulder tote.

We'll be fine if we don't have an elevator (I've seen reviews that said it had a small one for the main bldg but not the annex). My concern was traveling all 4 of us through the street and across several bridges and such dragging luggage and not knowing where we're going. My oldest DD is mentally disabled, very similar to autism. She gets frustrated easily if we turned around. I want to plan ahead, know my route and not be going in the opposite direction with luggage. Once we get to the hotel if we had to my DH could bring it all up in pieces. ;)

Thanks so much. I think we're going to stick with the Olimpia and I'll play around with the street view map so I know where I'm going when we get off the bus after the overnight flight.

We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and were very happy with it. It's a lovely little hotel that had the best breakfast of any place we stayed in Italy with a nice backyard to sit in and eat too.

The elevator is small, I'd say two people with luggage at a time.

Also, since it's very easy to get lost in Venice, being near the Piazza Roma will get you heading in the right direction since all maps show it and all locals can point you towards it.

The biggest haul was going to the train station, that was a big bridge to cross with luggage, but if you aren't going there you'll be fine. I was glad Venice was our first stop so my luggage wasn't as heavy as it was by the end of the trip.

We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and were very happy with it. It's a lovely little hotel that had the best breakfast of any place we stayed in Italy with a nice backyard to sit in and eat too.

The elevator is small, I'd say two people with luggage at a time.

Also, since it's very easy to get lost in Venice, being near the Piazza Roma will get you heading in the right direction since all maps show it and all locals can point you towards it.

The biggest haul was going to the train station, that was a big bridge to cross with luggage, but if you aren't going there you'll be fine. I was glad Venice was our first stop so my luggage wasn't as heavy as it was by the end of the trip.

Actually we are going there after our post-cruise stay in Venice. We plan to take a train from Venice to Rome and stay there a few days before flying home. If we have problems to/from hotel from airport and to/from ship, then we will take a water taxi to the train station. I am hoping to just walk though.

Given your DD's frustration with backtracking, the Olimpia is a very wise choice for your family. It's so easy to walk to ... impossible to get lost. Just head towards all the trees and go right.

The Calatrava Bridge to the train station is a biggie. The steps are very shallow which makes it a bit easier for dragging luggage, but it also means there are more of them. The satellite maps give you a good idea of it's size when you look at it in comparison with others.

When it was time for us to cross that bridge, I took my mother's case to the top, then she waited with it while I went back for mine. Then I walked it to the other side and she waited again while I went back for mine. You'll see that a lot! It's about a 10 minute walk to the station. You'll be fine.

Given your DD's frustration with backtracking, the Olimpia is a very wise choice for your family. It's so easy to walk to ... impossible to get lost. Just head towards all the trees and go right.

The Calatrava Bridge to the train station is a biggie. The steps are very shallow which makes it a bit easier for dragging luggage, but it also means there are more of them. The satellite maps give you a good idea of it's size when you look at it in comparison with others.

When it was time for us to cross that bridge, I took my mother's case to the top, then she waited with it while I went back for mine. Then I walked it to the other side and she waited again while I went back for mine. You'll see that a lot! It's about a 10 minute walk to the station. You'll be fine.

It sounds like you are a pro in the area of the BW Hotel Olimpia!

Getting off the People Mover, is it the same directions... " just head for the trees and turn right"?

Did you notice if the Hotel Moresco is nearby as well? Is it a little closer or further from the People Mover and bus to the airport?

Thanks.

It sounds like you are a pro in the area of the BW Hotel Olimpia!

Getting off the People Mover, is it the same directions... " just head for the trees and turn right"?

Did you notice if the Hotel Moresco is nearby as well? Is it a little closer or further from the People Mover and bus to the airport?

Thanks.

definitely not a pro, but we stayed near the Piazzale Roma on 2 different occassions during our last visit. (plus I was asked to check out a few area hotels for people).

When you exit the People Mover you're on the edge of the Piazzale Roma, so yes, you can head for the trees and turn right.

As for Hotel Moresco, no I didn't see it but I just looked at their web site directions. It's a bit further away than the Olimpia. The olimpia is a 4-5 minute walk. Moresco looks to be 10 minutes. Looks easy to find; not with the written directions tho but using the map :). It looks like you would walk towards the Olimpia and Arlechino hotels, cross the bridge that's almost behind the Arlechino, then take a right onto Fondamenta Rio Nuovo and you'll come to your hotel. Nice place. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

http://hotelmorescovenice.com/en/where-we-are.html

Can you walk from the cruise ship to the Hotel Olimpia with your luggage? DW has some walking issues, so want to make sure its not an issue for her.

Thanks,

If she has walking issues, probably not. It's a rather long walk, at least 20 minutes.

It's only a 5 minute walk from the olimpia to the People Mover, which is a monorail like tram that goes from Piazzale Roma to the pier (1E for a 3 minute ride). Or check with your cruiseline to see if they offer a free shuttle bus to the pier from Piazzale Roma. Or you could get a taxi from Proma to the pier.

To find the location of your ship at the pier, use the Port web site. The map on that site indicates the People Mover line too. http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

If she has walking issues, probably not. It's a rather long walk, at least 20 minutes.

It's only a 5 minute walk from the olimpia to the People Mover, which is a monorail like tram that goes from Piazzale Roma to the pier (1E for a 3 minute ride). Or check with your cruiseline to see if they offer a free shuttle bus to the pier from Piazzale Roma. Or you could get a taxi from Proma to the pier.

To find the location of your ship at the pier, use the Port web site. The map on that site indicates the People Mover line too. http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

Thank you so much Mapleleaves, you are a wealth of information on this thread. BTW, love your name, hope you are enjoying the colors this year!

Archived