Changes on Princess

Babs02

I used to have a massive loyalty to Princess but the more i sail and the more i read on cc the more i dread whats going to be ruined next.

Sadly I gave up " loyalty " to any specific line a long time ago. That in response to the reality of cruise line loyalty to their passengers is about ZERO -2 . Simply everything they do do is merely a business decision which makes sense to some degree. Yet many businesses often learn the hard way that not demonstrating a real loyalty to their regular customers eventually kills the business. Cruise lines however do not fear that happening because the market remains strong simply on numbers. Number of people who have never cruised and but plan to someday.

Princess is my favorite line currently but we have sailed Celebrity, and Carnival recently within past 12 months. We sail them all doing three cruises per year and have well over 50 cruises under our belt. I will say that Princess is the ONLY line that actually gives you a little something for past passenger status. Internet credits and laundry can be great bennies. All the rest of the stuff for most part are merely sales ploys. In example, recent Carnival sailing, FREE cocktail because I am such a good passenger. Fine print only in dining room only during dining room Comedy session. Stuff like that always annoys me, you are GIVING me a FREE drink ( your cost about $1 maybe ) with conditions. Yeah I feel SPECIAL. You are giving me big discount book, really, buy one get second 1/2 price wow. All marketing no rewarding ;)

So for me anyway most loyalty programs tend more to piss me off towards line than give me that feel good mood. As stated Princess is the only exception because of internet basically being free for us due to $75 credit each. I haven't earned free laundry yet :(

George in NY

Cunard was excellent but more formal, not for everyone (i.e., their idea of casual is "jacket without tie" for dinner and that is only acceptable on the the first and last night of a cruise). Food, service and entertainment excellent though.

Funny when we started cruising casual was jacket WITH tie! We sail them all and a couple recent quick 7 day sailings on Carnival Miracle 8 day from NY and Pride 7 Day from Baltimore FORMAL was shorts with a shirt that had sleeves. Still enjoyed both cruises. On Miracle had exceptional dining staff, on Pride had worse dining staff ever had in all our cruises bar none! Yet best cabin steward ever. And therein lies the biggest problem now for repeat cruisers, CONSISTENCY! There is none!

In years past you would be almost guaranteed good dining staff, now no matter what line it is very, very, hit and miss. Major changes in how trained and experienced, major changes on how much work assigned, serving wine, number of table etc. Brought about by the lines ultimate Ship in a SHIP plan, basically different classes like the old cross Atlantic days. Dine in specialty restaurants $35 pp per meal, special deck area $25 per half day, you know the drill. Not a good plan but seems to be working for them. Every cruise seems like another thing impacted by that type policy.

Recently we had a aft suite 4237 on Pride with friends in the adjoining aft balcony cabin. We had the deck divider opened and secured no problem. That same week friends were sailing the Miracle same ship class in same same suite 4237 and friends in adjoining cabin and asked for divider to be opened. They were denied and given every reason under the sun from builder says should not be done to company policy. Refused despite me emailing photo of our open and secured one they showed them. You never know even what simple policies are on same ships of the same line.

Finally before I get to wound up :) I sail many lines all most owned by Carnival Corp as is Princess. Don't you think it is time to recognize regular good customers across offerings? There should be a Carnival Corp past passenger card or something.

Frankly barring significant changes to past passenger offerings they should eliminate them in my opinion. They often make past passengers more annoyed than feeling special. Now for that FREE drink you want me too have because I spent 30k with you this year. Am I supposed to jump on one leg or two while buying a T-shirt to qualify?

George in NY

Funny when we started cruising casual was jacket WITH tie! We sail them all and a couple recent quick 7 day sailings on Carnival Miracle 8 day from NY and Pride 7 Day from Baltimore FORMAL was shorts with a shirt that had sleeves. Still enjoyed both cruises. On Miracle had exceptional dining staff, on Pride had worse dining staff ever had in all our cruises bar none! Yet best cabin steward ever. And therein lies the biggest problem now for repeat cruisers, CONSISTENCY! There is none!

As shown below

Fminusdresscode.jpg

Archived