Dawn buffet - is there an overflow eating room?

petesweet

If there is an overflow area, what meals is it available? My disabled husband is probably not going to the MDR on this trip, so I want to plan ahead for the buffet.

Thanks.

Kathy

The Dawn has two buffet sides open on busy sea days, or at peak times.

Just curious---wouldn't it be easier for you to sit down in the MDR and be served, rather than have to carry food to table for husband and yourself in buffet?

Any given meal has the potential to be crowded, and they don't have an overflow area to speak of. Timing is everything.

Every time we ate in the buffet, we were able to find a seat, although sometimes it was difficult....we really had to search. We tend to eat early at every meal.

I found more often than not you can find a table at the rear of the buffet, close to the back door...which leads to the elevators. :)

You won't have a problem with lunch on port days.

Dinner will tend to be your biggest challenge.

Hope this helps!:D

Just curious---wouldn't it be easier for you to sit down in the MDR and be served, rather than have to carry food to table for husband and yourself in buffet?

Long story, although that would be my preference.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Kathy

Being disabled myself, I understand, I like the buffet, they usually have tables reserved for the disabled but you have to watch because I have seen AB people remove the HC plaques from the tables and sit down. Don't put with that, ask someone to ask them to move. Like was said before, timing is everything. When at a port everyone will jam the buffet so they can get off the ship early, avoid the rush. Have a great cruise

Archived