Loyalty Scheme

Called in on our friendly Thomsons TA on Friday for a chat and was told that there is def a loyalty scheme in the pipeline for us cruisers:D:D

There is no details as yet but they are def. going to do something:D

P&O loyalty scheme

You get 10 points per night credited at the end of the cruise.

150 points gives you 5% discount on onboard spend

500 points get you 7.5% discount

etc

etc

hope they match that but maybe it is a little complicated.

How about letting solo cruisers who have done 10 cruises have a basic inside cabin anywhere, not just in the single ghetto :rolleyes: If they did that I would be happy to cruise aboard Celebration/Dreeam/Spirit again.

I have done 11 cruises but it probably won't reach 20 :mad:

P&O loyalty scheme

You get 10 points per night credited at the end of the cruise.

150 points gives you 5% discount on onboard spend

500 points get you 7.5% discount

etc

etc

hope they match that but maybe it is a little complicated.

How about letting solo cruisers who have done 10 cruises have a basic inside cabin anywhere, not just in the single ghetto :rolleyes: If they did that I would be happy to cruise aboard Celebration/Dreeam/Spirit again.

I have done 11 cruises but it probably won't reach 20 :mad:

Morning Dave that was quick.

P&O loyalty does sound a bit complicated would be good though if it was a discount on onboard spend or a discount on the cost of the cruise but then as the cost can come down you could end up not gaining anything.:(

I suppose onboard spend would be the fairer option but anything they offer will be a bonus.:)

Really hope they get the cabin issue sorted out for you.

Yes my TA went to that conference where Fraser Ellacott gave some hints about future developments and she said too that she believed they definitely were giving a loyalty scheme some consideration.

I don't expect it to be mega - perhaps something on the lines Dave has described that P&O operate but on a selfish level I would sincerely hope that some small acknowledgement of previous cruises with Thomson should kick in from the get-go. It would be a slap in the face to the many regulars who have stuck with Thomson for their loyalty to be ignored.

This might not be at the level of benefits which accrue from the introduction of the scheme but I for one would feel really aggrieved if there wasn't some gesture - they almost certainly have our holiday history on file somewhere so it should be easy enough for them to check us out!

Well that is good news! :D

Like kruzseeka though, I do worry that perhaps they won't take into consideration your previous cruises, instead just the ones that you book from when the scheme is introduced. Hopefully this won't be the case!

Starting the scheme from scratch has a 'that airline' feel about it that a 'good' cruiseline should not entertain. The message it would give is

"we value repeat customers and so we are going to introduce a royalty scheme which will give blah blah benefits to those valued customers who have cruised with us before. For those who already have a considerable number of Thomson cruises under their belt - get stuffed"

Hi, Mary,sorry to hear your knee is still giving you problems, my brother in law went on Majesty and had a good time apart from bad weather at the end,he had a outside cabin deck 4 I think, he said it was ok, although the bathroom was very small.

Hi, Mary,sorry to hear your knee is still giving you problems, my brother in law went on Majesty and had a good time apart from bad weather at the end,he had a outside cabin deck 4 I think, he said it was ok, although the bathroom was very small.

Hi Roy

I suppose I'll get there eventually with my knee just fed up of being told 'it's early days yet' when it's been over a year.:(

Not stopping me cruising though:)

Lots of people have said good things about deck 4 but I'm unsure cos of my being closed in issues. Stupid I know but really hate the long corridors with cabins both sides and no daylight:(

Hi Roy

I suppose I'll get there eventually with my knee just fed up of being told 'it's early days yet' when it's been over a year.:(

Not stopping me cruising though:)

Lots of people have said good things about deck 4 but I'm unsure cos of my being closed in issues. Stupid I know but really hate the long corridors with cabins both sides and no daylight:(

Hello Mary, sorry but it was deck 8 they were on,Roy

A loyalty scheme is something I support but with Thomson there are some difficulties:-

I cannot see this scheme being retrospective. They seem to struggle to know what we've booked in the current & next year without going back to when u-boats patrolled the English Channel. If the scheme starts from the introduction date its more of an incentive to new customers.

Who gets the points? Is it the lead passenger? Each passenger? Half points for kids?

As has already been said why not land based holidays and or the stay part of the cruise & stay?

Will the old guard actually loose out on discount? One thing is that us seasoned warriors know how the system works at present & can try to exploit that. If Thomson budget for a certain level of discount & they assume x % is for loyalty will the non-loyalty y % go down? I cannot see the total discount being given increasing & how does the administration of the new scheme become self financing?

If customers get OBC for so many points obtained for this is of little use to customers who want to pre book excursions, have an AI package & don't use a safe.

It may be as simple as customers are issued with a scheme membership number. If that membership number is used again then you qualify for a loyalty bonus.

Len

Will the old guard actually loose out on discount? One thing is that us seasoned warriors know how the system works at present & can try to exploit that. If Thomson budget for a certain level of discount & they assume x % is for loyalty will the non-loyalty y % go down? I cannot see the total discount being given increasing & how does the administration of the new scheme become self financing?

this makes a lot of sense

TBO I too would love to see some kind of loyalty bonus myself, but I dont think Thoms want to go there? Their mainstay is budget budget budget, they will want to keep the fares down....otherwise their clients may walk

to P&O and the like

Thoms main focus is to attract new cruisers and new cruisers wont want to be subsidising the old guard…..at least not at first

But then other lines do offer loyalty schemes......Just Think......Thoms could issue us all with a loyalty card then sell the database to every swimwear/suitcase/Stugeron outlet in the land:(

Archived