Majesty Cabins

We are looking to do the new Canaries cruise (no Agadir:):)) in March.

Need some help please with cabins.

We usually do deluxe on deck 9 on Spirit/Celebration but as this is an extra sneeked in one we are not wanting to spend that much on the cabin this time.

Wanting an outside plus, can't be too low down as I have problems(I'm one big problem really):) and would like it as quiet as poss.

Hope someone can help.

Mary

We usually do deluxe on deck 9 on Spirit/Celebration but as this is an extra sneeked in one we are not wanting to spend that much on the cabin this time.

Wanting an outside plus, can't be too low down as I have problems(I'm one big problem really):) and would like it as quiet as poss.

Hope someone can help.

Mary

Hi Mary,

We have just booked the Feb one and on Berwyn's advice, we have gone for 426. He had an inside near here and he said it was quiet and handy for the lift. This was endorsed by Jakanne1 as well. I don't know if that deck is too low for you. I quite like the low decks as not so rocky and easy to get off at ports and usually near the MDR :rolleyes::D

Hope someone can help.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Yes as Linda says, I would endorse Deck 4 outside plus cabins, especially if they are near the lifts. We had no problems waiting for lifts but only used them to get to the pool decks (10 ) and from deck 2 when returning from shore. Is your leg still poorly? DH has a dodgy knee so does not like to climb up many stairs.

The outside plus cabins are definately not as good as the Spirit deluxe. I would say they are about the same as the standard on Spirit, although I will stand corrected as I just had a glimpse of the Spirit cabins on our brief visit at Port of Tyne. The outside plus cabins on the higher decks on Majesty are the same as on the lower decks. I would say that any cabins 426 to 449 would be quiet. Over the last few years we have got used to hotel junior suites ....lots of space and far more luxurious ....but we soon got used to the smaller cabins and there was more storage than we needed. A bath would have been nice.

As you can see on the deck plans, deck 4 is just one deck from the restaurants, shops and some bars so we just used the stairs. We used the 4 Seasons Restaurant too, which wasn't far to walk.

I am wanting to do the Canarian Flavours cruise as well, but have not yet convinced DH. Still working on it though! He wants me to book for the Majesty Adriatic cruise next September so he is obviously satisfied with the deck 4 outside plus cabins. :D:o

Hi Mary,

Yes as Linda says, I would endorse Deck 4 outside plus cabins, especially if they are near the lifts. We had no problems waiting for lifts but only used them to get to the pool decks (10 ) and from deck 2 when returning from shore. Is your leg still poorly? DH has a dodgy knee so does not like to climb up many stairs.

The outside plus cabins are definately not as good as the Spirit deluxe. I would say they are about the same as the standard on Spirit, although I will stand corrected as I just had a glimpse of the Spirit cabins on our brief visit at Port of Tyne. The outside plus cabins on the higher decks on Majesty are the same as on the lower decks. I would say that any cabins 426 to 449 would be quiet. Over the last few years we have got used to hotel junior suites ....lots of space and far more luxurious ....but we soon got used to the smaller cabins and there was more storage than we needed. A bath would have been nice.

As you can see on the deck plans, deck 4 is just one deck from the restaurants, shops and some bars so we just used the stairs. We used the 4 Seasons Restaurant too, which wasn't far to walk.

I am wanting to do the Canarian Flavours cruise as well, but have not yet convinced DH. Still working on it though! He wants me to book for the Majesty Adriatic cruise next September so he is obviously satisfied with the deck 4 outside plus cabins. :D:o

Hi Jackanne and Linda

Thank you both for replying. Linda saw your post about 1st Feb we were looking at this one as well but unfortunately can't make that week especially since the price is lower.:( Thinking about deck 4 but don't know how I will cope, it's with the lower decks being so closed in with long corridors just makes me feel a bit trapped. Stupid I know love deck 9 cos there are not many cabins and you can see daylight at the end but don't like the rocking that comes with it. Put this on in case anyone came up with anything higher up if not will have to be brave and give deck 4 a go. Am getting better though we have done a cabin on deck 8 which was hidden away in a corner next to the bridge.

Thanks for asking about knee you have a good memory.

It's a lot better but still not right. Don't use the crutch anymore but still have problems with stairs and lots of pain. Back at hospital next month so hoping they going to sort it out.

The North Cape we did when you came onboard was absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of it and will even say it's the best one we've done even better than the Adriatic.

Will give it a bit longer and see if anyone else has been on higher decks if not deck 4 it is.:eek::eek:

Hi Jackanne and Linda

Thank you both for replying. Linda saw your post about 1st Feb we were looking at this one as well but unfortunately can't make that week especially since the price is lower.:( Thinking about deck 4 but don't know how I will cope, it's with the lower decks being so closed in with long corridors just makes me feel a bit trapped. Stupid I know love deck 9 cos there are not many cabins and you can see daylight at the end but don't like the rocking that comes with it. Put this on in case anyone came up with anything higher up if not will have to be brave and give deck 4 a go. Am getting better though we have done a cabin on deck 8 which was hidden away in a corner next to the bridge.

Thanks for asking about knee you have a good memory.

It's a lot better but still not right. Don't use the crutch anymore but still have problems with stairs and lots of pain. Back at hospital next month so hoping they going to sort it out.

The North Cape we did when you came onboard was absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of it and will even say it's the best one we've done even better than the Adriatic.

Will give it a bit longer and see if anyone else has been on higher decks if not deck 4 it is.:eek::eek:

You are not meant to get this reply. I have typed it twice then lost it when the battery on my iPad ran out:eek: well I did go on a bit. Short and sweet this time.

I did not notice any daylight at the ends of the corridors on decks 7, 8 or 9 and the corridors must be just as long. The only difference being instead of inside cabins there was what may have been service areas as there was just a wall with the occasional access door.

If you get a cabin near a lift/stairwell then that will be better for you and it is only 1 deck down from deck 5 where there are lots of 'window walls'. The promenade deck would be an alternative but it is more expensive and there are lifeboats blocking views from many cabins.

I have a poor memory for names but I'm not going to forget yours after asking 2 ladies with walking sticks if they were Scarey Mary. Sooooo embarrassing. I do hope they get your leg sorted out soon. Seems to be taking a long time.

I would love to do the fiords but my DH said he would not go anywhere colder than here!! That is what is putting him off going to Canarian Flavours as he has heard the weather can be poor in Feb and March and I think he is worried about leaving our house in case "the pipes freeze"!! IMO life's too short...I may end up cruising as a single passenger soon. Just read that back...I mean I'll leave him at home.

Anyway I think I am going to book the Adriatic in September (Deck 4 outside plus) tomorrow before he changes his mind about that. :D. Or maybe wait until midweek in case the price drops.

Hope someone can help.

Mary

Hello, we have just been on the Majesty and had a wonderful time we were in cabin 837 on deck 8 it is an outside plus for 4 people with two single beds and two pull down bunk beds. It has two windows looking out between the life boats the frontward view is unobstructed. We were very happy with this cabin and it was very quiet at all times. It is in the middle of the ship so the corridors are long but the access to the lifts is not far and you can get out to the back of the ship from the far end. The cabin staff were very good too as was all the staff. Hope this helps and you have as good a time as we did.

Hello, we have just been on the Majesty and had a wonderful time we were in cabin 837 on deck 8 it is an outside plus for 4 people with two single beds and two pull down bunk beds. It has two windows looking out between the life boats the frontward view is unobstructed. We were very happy with this cabin and it was very quiet at all times. It is in the middle of the ship so the corridors are long but the access to the lifts is not far and you can get out to the back of the ship from the far end. The cabin staff were very good too as was all the staff. Hope this helps and you have as good a time as we did.

The small deck on the back of deck 8 was lovely and quiet too.

Just returned from the Thomson Majesty, ship was excellent. we had cabin 448 perfect position. The ship was very clean and the staff excellent. Best cruise ever. The ship go es into wet dock after this Friday for 2-3 weeks tidy up, mainly items that can't be completed whilst passengers on board. :)

I would love to do the fiords but my DH said he would not go anywhere colder than here!!

Just what my DH says!!

Anyway I think I am going to book the Adriatic in September (Deck 4 outside plus) tomorrow before he changes his mind about that. :D. Or maybe wait until midweek in case the price drops.

The price I got on Thursday went up over the weekend!

I have a poor memory for names but I'm not going to forget yours after asking 2 ladies with walking sticks if they were Scarey Mary. Sooooo embarrassing. I do hope they get your leg sorted out soon. Seems to be taking a long time.

Would have loved to have seen their faces.:)

Thanks for info I think going to see whats available on deck 8 first. Good to hear you had a good time.

Another question please does anyone know if there is draught cider in the bars and if so is it on the AI. Also I'm sure I read somewhere there was no duty free shop onboard is this correct:(

Hi Mary

My face was worst when I tried to explain! I think deck 8 is a good idea for you as it is easy to get out onto that lovely deck.

Cider......just checked the Bar List and no draught cider mentioned. Bottled cider (275ml) is £2.90 and £1.90 on AI.

There is a small duty free shop on board and on 2 days there was a big discount. We paid £22.10 for a litre bottle of Baileys and a litre bottle of Gordons. On at least one day it was closed. Not sure what the effect of travelling between Canarian islands will be regarding the opening of the duty free shop. People were buying cigarettes but I did not check the prices.

The price I got on Thursday went up over the weekend!

Hi Linda

Just checked from Newcastle. Feb cruise up £14 but March still the same. Checked Leeds/Bradford and it is about £40 cheaper p.p. and the flight times are similar. Still hoping. :rolleyes:

Hi Linda

Just checked from Newcastle. Feb cruise up £14 but March still the same. Checked Leeds/Bradford and it is about £40 cheaper p.p. and the flight times are similar. Still hoping. :rolleyes:

Keep on working on him. Whatever the weather I'm sure it will be warmer than here! Especially for you up in the frozen north :D;)

Keep on working on him. Whatever the weather I'm sure it will be warmer than here! Especially for you up in the frozen north :D;)

Will do Linda. My sister lives near Oxford and we often compare our weather conditions. Guess who has the warmest?

Hope someone can help.

Mary

Hi Mary, found you on fb. Lovely photo....

Hi Mary

My face was worst when I tried to explain! I think deck 8 is a good idea for you as it is easy to get out onto that lovely deck.

Cider......just checked the Bar List and no draught cider mentioned. Bottled cider (275ml) is £2.90 and £1.90 on AI.

There is a small duty free shop on board and on 2 days there was a big discount. We paid £22.10 for a litre bottle of Baileys and a litre bottle of Gordons. On at least one day it was closed. Not sure what the effect of travelling between Canarian islands will be regarding the opening of the duty free shop. People were buying cigarettes but I did not check the prices.

This is interesting talking on both sites:)

At min deck 8/9 is coming in cheaper than 6/7. Thanks for looking at bar list. It's so annoying with the cider, hubby can't drink beer cos he's a coeliac so has cider which makes it not worth us buying the AI cos of the supplement on it. Looks like it's only the Celebration that has draught on AI.

We've done the Canaries twice before and there is no problem with the duty free shop it's like the other cruises just open when it's at sea.

Hi Linda

Never think about Leeds/Bradford will have to check.

This is interesting talking on both sites:)

At min deck 8/9 is coming in cheaper than 6/7. Thanks for looking at bar list. It's so annoying with the cider, hubby can't drink beer cos he's a coeliac so has cider which makes it not worth us buying the AI cos of the supplement on it. Looks like it's only the Celebration that has draught on AI.

We've done the Canaries twice before and there is no problem with the duty free shop it's like the other cruises just open when it's at sea.

The AI is £199 each now, whereas when we first looked on 30th Sept it was £69 so not sure that we will take AI if we book. DH likes wine and G&T so we could get a wine package and a bottle of Gordon's from the Duty Free shop. We didn't use our duty free purchase on the ship in Sept as we were keeping it for our hotel balcony in Corfu on the stay part of our cruise and we were on AI. We didn't even use the fridge!

Just checked back at my notes comparing like for like, the total prices are now virtually the same as on 30th Sept because the online savings are more now, so if we took the AI we would be paying the same and not have to slink back to the cabin for a quick G&T. :o

Never think about Leeds/Bradford will have to check.

I used Leeds/Bradford with Thomson last July and it was much cheaper than Newcastle. It took about 15 minutes longer to get to than Newcastle so not much difference for us. The nearby Park n Ride was excellent too.

We are new cruisers and did the Adriatic cruise on Majesty in July, cruise wonderful!! We were on deck 4 standard outside but it was very,very small would choose an outside plus next time. Otherwise deck 4 was perfectly fine, we found it quiet and everything within easy reach. Try and go for the front half of the deck.

i can confirm seagreengrass`s opinion of cabin 837 as we had the very same cabin for the last week in august the double window was a bonus as me and the other half had a window each to peer out of in the mornings when we woke:D i would book this cabin again if we go back on the majesty

Thank you all for your replys. Still can't make my mind up:confused:. Had decided on deck 8 then lots of good comments about deck 4 so changed my mind, then good comments about deck 8 again:confused:

Think I just better phone and see whats available then decide. Probably will be 8 if there is anything, as still not sure about space issue on deck 4.

Archived