Majesty Cabins

Thank you all for your replys. Still can't make my mind up:confused:. Had decided on deck 8 then lots of good comments about deck 4 so changed my mind, then good comments about deck 8 again:confused:

Think I just better phone and see whats available then decide. Probably will be 8 if there is anything, as still not sure about space issue on deck 4.

Hi Mary, still no decision here re actually going on the cruise.

Been looking on the deck plans and decks 8 and 9 have long corridors like deck 4. But if you look at deck 7, promenade deck, they are mainly outside plus cabins, so are the bigger size and the corridors of cabins are broken up by the entrance doors to the promenade deck. These doors are made of glass so lots of light and from memory are about 10ft wide. (Memory not so good though I did manage to carry a sun bed through one from the shaded side to the sunny side :D)

The only problems with these are possible lack of privacy from people looking in your window, though I don't remember noticing any myself. Maybe someone else on here can advise. The other thing is the lifeboats, but I seem to recall that the windows on deck 8 would have more obstruction. Again, others would be able to give more information. I think I recall reading that on deck 8 there are prices for inside rooms, but these are actually outside rooms with full obstruction whereby, no views but some daylight.

Sorry if this confuses you more but I have seen somewhere deck plans which show which cabins are obstructed. Shall try to find out where and let you know. Wish my memory was better!!!

Any info on deck 6 cabins? Cannot make my mind up on which deck would be best

Hi welcome to my world just cannot decide at all. Haven't looked at deck 6 though because at the minute they are coming in dearer than 8/9.

Someone has put on another site that the cabins were good on there.

Hi Mary, still no decision here re actually going on the cruise.

Been looking on the deck plans and decks 8 and 9 have long corridors like deck 4. But if you look at deck 7, promenade deck, they are mainly outside plus cabins, so are the bigger size and the corridors of cabins are broken up by the entrance doors to the promenade deck. These doors are made of glass so lots of light and from memory are about 10ft wide. (Memory not so good though I did manage to carry a sun bed through one from the shaded side to the sunny side :D)

The only problems with these are possible lack of privacy from people looking in your window, though I don't remember noticing any myself. Maybe someone else on here can advise. The other thing is the lifeboats, but I seem to recall that the windows on deck 8 would have more obstruction. Again, others would be able to give more information. I think I recall reading that on deck 8 there are prices for inside rooms, but these are actually outside rooms with full obstruction whereby, no views but some daylight.

Sorry if this confuses you more but I have seen somewhere deck plans which show which cabins are obstructed. Shall try to find out where and let you know. Wish my memory was better!!!

Hi Jackie thanks for this. Got a bit further than you we have actually made the decision to go on the cruise:) just the cabin bit now. Deck 7 sounds good because of the daylight but unfortunately no good as its the Promenade deck. Had cabin on PD on Island Escape and directly outside the window were tables where people sat to smoke and you could hear every word of their conversations.:(

Have looked at the plans and I think most of the plus cabins are unobstructed.

Will give them a ring tomorrow. Need to stop dithering and make a decision now.

Sorry another question when you were on can you remember what time they did the drill?

Hi Jackie thanks for this. Got a bit further than you we have actually made the decision to go on the cruise:) just the cabin bit now.

I would go, it's DH who is being awkward.

Deck 7 sounds good because of the daylight but unfortunately no good as its the Promenade deck. Had cabin on PD on Island Escape and directly outside the window were tables where people sat to smoke and you could hear every word of their conversations.:(

Not good

Have looked at the plans and I think most of the plus cabins are unobstructed.

Will give them a ring tomorrow. Need to stop dithering and make a decision now.

It's important that you make the right decision for you.

Sorry another question when you were on can you remember what time they did the drill?

6.00pm on the promenade deck. It was quite funny because they took a register by cabins and the numbers were wrong so had to do it again. It was just like school and they found that some people were in the wrong group and others were missing. Also saw some late arrivals with life belts on later in the evening.

Hi Scary Mary, We were in cabin 922,September. First time on Majesty,so did not know what to expect. 922 has good view,no blockage,but can be some noise from pool deck above. Music and dancing is audible at times,also dragging of tables and chairs early on mornings. We would still use it again if going back, as we soon became used to the noise. It was an enjoyable holiday all around,the highlight for us was going into Venice as the sun was rising. As i said we would go back,but the best ship to us is Dream.

DO NOT BOOK CABIN DOWN AFT ON DECK 4 BELOW RESTAURANT AS VIBRATION IS TERRIBLE AT SEA DUE TO ENGINES. Staff are still fantastic as always.

Hope this helps, Shellsailor:)

Hi maystar08, we are on Majesty next June we have booked 835 next door to yours will that be obstructed,also is the sunbathing area at the back of deck 8 shaded or in full sun .Thanks;)

Hi macren as I recall there was a lifeboat just to the left of us as you look out of the cabin window which would be around where your window would be,but I can't honestly say how much it would restrict your view as the door to 835 was never open when we passed to get a glimpse out of that cabin window,as for the sun deck I'm afraid I can't help as we never used it.sorry I couldn't be much help to you,Del

Hi Scary Mary, We were in cabin 922,September. First time on Majesty,so did not know what to expect. 922 has good view,no blockage,but can be some noise from pool deck above. Music and dancing is audible at times,also dragging of tables and chairs early on mornings. We would still use it again if going back, as we soon became used to the noise. It was an enjoyable holiday all around,the highlight for us was going into Venice as the sun was rising. As i said we would go back,but the best ship to us is Dream.

DO NOT BOOK CABIN DOWN AFT ON DECK 4 BELOW RESTAURANT AS VIBRATION IS TERRIBLE AT SEA DUE TO ENGINES. Staff are still fantastic as always.

Hope this helps, Shellsailor:)

Thanks Shellsailor we have now booked forward deck 4. Not sure if I will like it down there as used to being on a higher deck but going to give it a go.

Didn't consider deck 9 this time for the reasons you said with the noise up above. We no longer book deck 9 on the Spirit/Celebration when in warm places for the same reason. The music would not bother me cos we would probably be there anyway but I am a very light sleeper and def not a morning person:)

Glad you enjoyed the Majesty like you we do not know what to expect.

Hi maystar08, we are on Majesty next June we have booked 835 next door to yours will that be obstructed,also is the sunbathing area at the back of deck 8 shaded or in full sun .Thanks;)

Parts of the deck are shaded but really depends which way the ship is pointing in relation to the sun. Bit like the promenade deck...one side would be mainly in the shade and the other mainly in the sun. Advantages are it is quiet but you have to go up 2 levels to San Marco to get a drink.

Wish I was there now! We had snow last night but it has nearly all gone now. And the telephone and Internet are back on. :) Just checked some cruise prices that I was monitoring and they have all gone up. Must stop dithering. :eek:

Parts of the deck are shaded but really depends which way the ship is pointing in relation to the sun. Bit like the promenade deck...one side would be mainly in the shade and the other mainly in the sun. Advantages are it is quiet but you have to go up 2 levels to San Marco to get a drink.

Wish I was there now! We had snow last night but it has nearly all gone now. And the telephone and Internet are back on. :) Just checked some cruise prices that I was monitoring and they have all gone up. Must stop dithering. :eek:

Welcome back to the 21st century Jakanne :D:D:D

No snow here - Yet! Very cold though!

Archived