Recommendations wanted on best menu items

cruiserchuck

We are sailing on the Silhouette next month, and want recommendations on the best menu items. Please let us know what your favorite items are, both in the Main dining room and in Blu. Also, if there are any must try items in the specialty restaurants, please let us know.

Ate in Blu every night on our Eclipse cruise this year. The tuna (starter) was superb, but the portion was large enough for a main course. Served nice and rare in the middle. In Qsine, they do a mezze starter with lots of small dishes served in an unusual type of box - great for sharing.

My 2 faves in Blu were the lobster starter ( Maine lobster.. and lots of it) and we loved the barbeque quail which was an entree

There was also a coconut creme brulee!!

In the MDR I love anything lamb

Taste is always personal though. The last thread on 'foods you must try' had lots of mushroon dishes mentioned.. I hate mushrooms..LOL

We have foods we love and hate, but this is fun to read.

Qsine: Lava Crab (best item on menu IMO). M's Favorites (mediterranean style choices), Lobster Escargo, & Meatball Trilogy, tombstone dessert

Didn't care for Crunch Munchies (fried foods - nothing special), Vegetable du Jatour (pureed like baby food - kind of weird), Persian Kabob (very bland & dry chicken), Silver Bullet dessert

Disco Shrimp, Chitinis, & Treseviche just okay

Murano: Goat Cheese Souffle & Scallops Wellington appetizers, Lobster, Les Petits Filets, & Duck entrees, something chocolate for dessert (can't find it on menu)

Didn't care for Loup de Mer - fish was dry, had a sampler dessert for two - some good, some bad

Lawn Club Grill: Chicken and shrimp/scallop kabobs (chicken w/ jerk seasoning, shrimp/scallops w/ cajun or SW), filet mignon, lamb chops (don't remember what seasoning my husband had for these), chocolate chip cookie dessert

Snapper was okay - needed a little more seasoning, blueberry cobbler just okay

Tuscan Grille: bread was yummy, crab cake & ravioli appetizers, onion soup, Seafood Risotto, Shrimp Scampi, Veal Scaloppini Parmesan, Tiramisu

Cioppino was okay

Didn't care for Lobster Alfredo (menu doesn't mention ham is included), Pistachio Creme Brulee (no pistachios - just hint of flavor)

We didn't eat any dinners in in the main dining room and we didn't have an Aqua class cabin so didn't eat in Blu either.

I was on the Silhouette in Sept. My favourite dishes in Blu were

Night 1

Fillet mignon

Marinated strawberries in a brandy snap basket.

Night 2

Red pepper soup

Lamb chops

Night 4

Frogs legs

Smoked trout or was it mackerel?

Night 7

Consomme with corn and cilantro

MDR - Quail stuffed with wild rice; lamb shank; chicken wellington; tournados of beef with foie gras; most pastas (but we got as an app, bc most of the apps are pretty bad)

BLU - any soup; roasted salmon; curry shrimp

Qsine - M's favorites; Sliver Bullet; Lobster escargot; sliders; filet

Murano - did not have anything great here except the cheese cart

I never tried the specialty restaurants; DW and I were happy enough in the MDR. Except for one very expensive restaurant at home, I never ate lamb that's as good as Celebrity's. If you're a lamb lover, don't miss it.

Archived