Costa vs. MSC

wailea4me

• 2 weeks later...
How does Costa compare with MSC?

I was on Costa a few years ago and also on MSC after that. I liked Costa much much better. The crew and staff on Costa were the best I'd ever experienced in all my years cruising and I've been on too many cruises to count.

Costa had plenty of food and beverages and we always book a suite so we had everything we wanted delivered to the suite if we didn't feel like going out.

MSC, well, when I was on it, if you didn't eat your meals at the designated times...you didn't eat unless you ordered from room service. The food was ok, but the crew and staff were nowhere near as great as on Costa.

Costa, IMO, is geared for the European cruiser and Europeans are fun, IMO, to cruise with. They like to have fun and are very outgoing.

I know Costa makes their announcements in about 5 languages, and that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when Americans start talking and complaining when the announcements are made in other languages...as though English is the only language people should speak. They were really rude at muster.

The food on Costa, according to my traveling companion is delicious..for me...it was OK. It is subjective I guess. I really didn't have any complaints, but I'm the kind of person that eats because it's time to eat and meal time is not an "event" for me.

I wish I could remember more about both Costa and MSC, but my main memory is that I liked Costa better.

I just went back to look at some pics I took of the MSC cruise and apparently, I wasn't all that impressed because I have almost no pics of the ship and only two of my cabin looking OUT the balcony door. I have a few pics of the bathroom that had mildew around the tub and sink and that disturbed me because this was a suite and I expected better.

We were on the Lyrica.

Archived