Tropical Storm Sandy (#18) - Webcams

OKCruiseMan

This is the NWS marine report from today. Friends leaving Port Canaveral Sun. Even by then the seas still 10ft +. Look at Fri/Fri night! Buckle up is right....

Today: Tropical storm conditions possible. ENE wind 28 to 33 kt, with gusts as high as 43 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 9 to 10 ft. .

Tonight: Tropical storm conditions possible. NE wind 28 to 33 kt, with gusts as high as 43 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 12 ft building to 15 ft. .

Friday: Tropical storm conditions expected. NNW wind 26 to 36 kt, with gusts as high as 50 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 20 ft building to 24 ft. .

Friday Night: Tropical storm conditions expected. NW wind 25 to 35 kt, with gusts as high as 49 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 24 to 25 ft. .

Saturday: WNW wind 30 to 33 kt, with gusts as high as 46 kt. A slight chance of showers before 8am. Seas 18 to 20 ft. .

Saturday Night: NW wind 25 to 29 kt, with gusts as high as 41 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 15 to 16 ft. .

Sunday: NW wind 21 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 31 kt. Sunny. Seas 11 to 13 ft. .

Sunday Night: NW wind 16 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 8 to 10 ft. .

Monday: WNW wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas around 7 ft. .

Jax news as of 12 noon is watching storm closely, now both the American & European models are alike in where its headed, toward Del Mar (spelling?) DE, Long Island, predicting lots of wind by Tues, power outages and flooding from her and millions to be affected. Cold front coming in to Jax Tues/Wed, highs of 68 lows in 40's.

Our worst wind will be tomorrow (Fri), some rain and windy conditions Saturday but getting better as the day goes on and Sunday should be fine. Seas will have 10-12 ft waves.

Happy Sailing,

Thanks for posting the link for the webcams. I arrive at FLL around 5:30 Saturday evening and cruise on Sunday. I will continue to check...

Yes we are flyng. We are from Ohio so a trip to FLL would take FOREVER.

Anyway now I am glad that our flight is later than in the day rather than earlier. I had planned on calling the airline and seeing if we could go standby on an earlier flight, but forget it now. I'm hoping that by 5:30 the storm will have moved away. I know we will still have wind and a horrible flight:mad: but I just need to get there!

Looks like it is bigger than they thought. I've updated the webcams for the Bahams.

Be safe....

Hi, really do appreciate your webcam uploads, thanks bunches !! we leave out on ncl from ny on sunday .. still waiting to see which way sandy is going..

Looks like it is bigger than they thought. I've updated the webcams for the Bahams.

Be safe....

Many thanks again, i pasted your webcam sites to our cruise critic folks on our jewel 10/28/12 forum roll call, and i told them that your a great guy for being considerate of us cc'ers!! thanks again !! :)

I've updated the cams for further up the coast. The old ones are still there, just go to "Home". I've added the Avista Resort for Myrtle beach, as it has some nice views of the beach. However, some of those controlling the cam are more interested in who is by the pool than the beach. I may have to change it out later..

Stay Safe,

We are supposed to leave from Baltimore on Sunday. :-(

I don't care if we just stay moored at the dock, I just wanna get on the ship!!!

We were hoping the same thing last year but they took her out in the bay with only crew. We had to wait until the next morning to board. We had insurance so we got a hotel in Baltimore and had a good time watching football on Sunday. One of those lemonade days.

I've updated the cams for further up the coast. The old ones are still there, just go to "Home". I've added the Avista Resort for Myrtle beach, as it has some nice views of the beach. However, some of those controlling the cam are more interested in who is by the pool than the beach. I may have to change it out later..

Stay Safe,

Lol. I chuckled at your post about the cam controllers. And, I really want to thank you for your webcam updates during this storm. It's so appreciated, as I cruise on Sunday out of Baltimore and it helps me obsess over this crazy weather. Thanks so much.

Stay Safe,

Thank you OKCruiseMan. I'm not sailing, but I am a weather nut and love watching. Great links. Appreciate it. :)

Lol. I chuckled at your post about the cam controllers. And, I really want to thank you for your webcam updates during this storm. It's so appreciated, as I cruise on Sunday out of Baltimore and it helps me obsess over this crazy weather. Thanks so much.

Thanks, I'm just obssesed with webcams. Here is a good one from MD. Looks pretty sunny right now.

Have fun on your cruise....

Thanks, I'm just obssesed with webcams. Here is a good one from MD. Looks pretty sunny right now.

Have fun on your cruise....

Thanks! I was amazed at the webcams you posted, especially the one in Jamaica. I watched a guy dive from those high cliffs into the water and then climb right up the side of the cliff to get back up. So interesting. And I was glued to the Florida ones yesterday--watching that ocean almost make it into the pools at the hotel. And, I noticed that The Weather Channel used two of the webams that you posted here, but they were way later showing them than you.

Archived