help for a mate,about the Dream please

Hi peeps, not been on for a while. Whilst i eagerly await the return of my son Darren, from his 6 month stint on Celebration, a good friend of mine wanted some info about the Dream, which i could not give her as i don't know much about the ship, i told her that i didn't but i knew of some people who did :D

What are the cabins like on decks 4/5 and 6/7 and is there much difference between an inside or outside, some info from people who have done both would be much appreciated. Meanwhile i guess i'd better get the spare room cleared for next week :)

Thanks

Hi Gizzie

wee had a standard outside on deck 6 - it was very spacious, sofa, double bed, square window - good sized bathroom with a smaller sized bath rather than just a shower cubicle. Very quiet!

Our previous cruise was on the Spirit and we had booked a suite so i was a little concerned that a standard may be to small but i wasn't! in fact we will be booking the same cabin for our next cruise in October. I had a quick look at an inside and they seemed to be more or less identical (minus the window!) Hope this helps :)

Cant tell what the inside cabins are like, but we have had an outside+ on deck 5 and on deck 6 they are virtually identical, picture window, fridge, bathroom with bath and shower, 2 double wardrobes & sofa that can be converted into a bed and both cabins v spacious imo

We have had an outside and an outside plus on deck 7. Both were a good size. I think the sofa was smaller in the outside cabin. The only downside to the outside cabin we had, near the front of the ship, was that there were no drawers, except two small ones by the bed. There was a strange, full height, cupboard with nothing in it though! It served no purpose at all that we could see and I don't know why they didn't put sheves or drawers in there. Walking along deck 7 on changeover days and nosing in to other cabins (as you do!) it seemed only those at the front had this problem :confused: I think the inside ones are the same size

I can confirm that every inside cabin has a shower only and not a bath tub if that helps - as for the other differences - some outside cabins are slightly different in size to others and that includes those within the same grade on the same deck. Most outsides have a bath tub with shower over but some on the lower decks have just a shower but those are the cabins nearest the bow on 4,5 and 6 deck and nearest the stern beyond stairs D or the lifts nearest the stern on 4,5,6 and 7.

If you need to know exactly which cabin let me know which one you need to know about as I have a full list of every cabin and what it has.

I can confirm that every inside cabin has a shower only and not a bath tub if that helps - as for the other differences - some outside cabins are slightly different in size to others and that includes those within the same grade on the same deck. Most outsides have a bath tub with shower over but some on the lower decks have just a shower but those are the cabins nearest the bow on 4,5 and 6 deck and nearest the stern beyond stairs D or the lifts nearest the stern on 4,5,6 and 7.

If you need to know exactly which cabin let me know which one you need to know about as I have a full list of every cabin and what it has.

Hi Huddersfield, can you give me some info on cabin 5104 on the Dream. There wasnt that much choice left so we have gone for this one. Was looking at Thomson website today after booking and it now says there may be some restricted views on deck 5. i think this may be a mistake, can you confirm for us. Thanks

Hi Huddersfield, can you give me some info on cabin 5104 on the Dream. There wasnt that much choice left so we have gone for this one. Was looking at Thomson website today after booking and it now says there may be some restricted views on deck 5. i think this may be a mistake, can you confirm for us. Thanks

We had an inside cabin in this area gizzie (on the opposite side but within a few cabins of yours) and it was quiet. It's midships too - we found it quite stable but then I think the ships pretty good in that respect anyway.

Perhaps someone else will be able to confirm for you but I can't see what could give you a restricted view on Deck 5 - like you I think this sounds like a mistake.

There are no restricted views on Deck 5 so whoever has told you that is simply mistaken.

Of course if you were to be in an inside cabin the view is very restricted !!!!!!

You are nearer B staircase than C so that is better for you as regards any noise which should be pretty much non existant as regards that area of the ship on that deck - you have no control over your neighbours other than ring reception and they will anonymously send security down to see what the noise is without mentioning you.That comment applies to all cabins not just 5104. That is the way to deal with late night disturbances which are extremely isolated and extremely rare anyway.

As for 5104 - it has a shower over a bath tub not a shower tray.

Hi Patrick

Apart from knowing 6102 is an inside cant help but as far as no mention of cabin reservation/number on correspondence I wouldn`t worry.Cruised and reserved our cabin 4 times on the Dream and theres never been any mention of cabin reservation/number on correspondence.

I've chosen a cabin on Majesty and I hadn't had anything with my cabin number on either so went down to see my travel agent and she printed out confirmation for me, sure it would have been fine but I like to have it on paper just in case.

Archived